The Student Room Group

Wrong Place of Birth on UCAS

I've written the wrong place of birth on my UCAS as I wasn't born in the UK but was born in the other country. I already recieved offers from my chosen universities, will they withdraw my application cuz im worried. I'm a british national but I didn't realise that I put the wrong place on UCAS.
(edited 2 years ago)
Call ucas to get it corrected.

Then email your universities to notify them of the correction.

They’re unlikely to care but if it does matter then it would be picked up at enrolment. Better to find out now than in September when it’s too late to find an alternative place
Original post by PQ
Call ucas to get it corrected.

Then email your universities to notify them of the correction.

They’re unlikely to care but if it does matter then it would be picked up at enrolment. Better to find out now than in September when it’s too late to find an alternative place

Can they find this information out?
Original post by DeItaReality
Can they find this information out?

You’ll need to provide ID to enrol. That means passport (which shows place of birth) or birth certificate (which shows place of birth) plus photo ID.
Original post by PQ
You’ll need to provide ID to enrol. That means passport (which shows place of birth) or birth certificate (which shows place of birth) plus photo ID.

Can all your universities you applied to look at your nationality details on UCAS or can only the universities that you got an offer from look at it?
Can all your universities you applied to look at your nationality details on UCAS or can only the universities that you got an offer from look at it?

All your choices receive the same info at the time that you submit an app to them, including nationality.
Original post by Admit-One
All your choices receive the same info at the time that you submit an app to them, including nationality.

If I call all my universities and say that my place of birth is wrong, will they withdraw my offer or will all of them give me a fee questionnaire to fill in?
If I call all my universities and say that my place of birth is wrong, will they withdraw my offer or will all of them give me a fee questionnaire to fill in?

Your place of birth isn't usually used to determine your fee status. That's related to your residency and nationality.

If your nationality was stated correctly, then it's unlikely to make any difference to your actual offer. (And even then, so far as I know, only Scottish unis have specific capped numbers on where students are from.)
Original post by Admit-One
Your place of birth isn't usually used to determine your fee status. That's related to your residency and nationality.

If your nationality was stated correctly, then it's unlikely to make any difference to your actual offer. (And even then, so far as I know, only Scottish unis have specific capped numbers on where students are from.)

My nationality is UK national but BCU sent me a fee questionnaire to fill in because my place of birth was wrong on there as I wasn't born in UK. Will my other unis also send me a fee questionnaire?
(edited 2 years ago)
My nationality is UK national but BCU sent me a fee questionnaire to fill in because my place of birth was wrong on there as I wasn't born in UK. Will my other unis also send me a fee questionnaire?

They might. All unis will have their own assessment process. For my own uni, your place of birth by itself wouldn't cause us to assess you as an overseas fee payer, but other unis might until you go though the fee process.
I've written the wrong place of birth on my UCAS as I wasn't born in the UK but was born in the other country. I already recieved offers from my chosen universities, will they withdraw my application cuz im worried. I'm a british national but I didn't realise that I put the wrong place on UCAS.

Morning @DeltaReality

It's not a problem, as others have said, UCAS can update this for you and if you pop an email with your details to your choices, they can update on their system. Depending on your choices, they may then get in touch with you to clarify a few details through a Fee Status Questionnaire (FSQ). This is nothing to worry about as it usually gives you the opportunity to provide as much information as possible so your choices can determine your what fees you may be eligible to pay; but aside from that, you should be okay, as universities need the most updated information to fairly consider your application for your course of interest.

We wish you the best of luck with your applications and if you do need anything, please do let us know and we'll be happy to help where we can.

Best wishes,

Emily Paget
Original post by De Montfort University
Morning @DeltaReality

It's not a problem, as others have said, UCAS can update this for you and if you pop an email with your details to your choices, they can update on their system. Depending on your choices, they may then get in touch with you to clarify a few details through a Fee Status Questionnaire (FSQ). This is nothing to worry about as it usually gives you the opportunity to provide as much information as possible so your choices can determine your what fees you may be eligible to pay; but aside from that, you should be okay, as universities need the most updated information to fairly consider your application for your course of interest.

We wish you the best of luck with your applications and if you do need anything, please do let us know and we'll be happy to help where we can.

Best wishes,

Emily Paget

Thanks for reassuring me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending