The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton

my Uni offer from southampton

hi all

Southampton gave me an offer of Grades AA from two A levels including history and a distinction from BTEC subsidiary diploma does that mean I need to get Distinction AA or do I need to just get Distinction and a A in history
Original post by KitJBowes
hi all

Southampton gave me an offer of Grades AA from two A levels including history and a distinction from BTEC subsidiary diploma does that mean I need to get Distinction AA or do I need to just get Distinction and a A in history

The Distinction and the AA at least that's what I thinkI me it said and not or (hey that sound like i'm talking about logic gates I'm not though).
(edited 2 years ago)
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
hi all

I would read that as AA in two A-Levels (inc. History) and Distinction in the BTEC. So three qualifications in all.

You can always double check with Southampton if the wording in hub is unclear.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
I would read that as AA in two A-Levels (inc. History) and Distinction in the BTEC. So three qualifications in all.

You can always double check with Southampton if the wording in hub is unclear.

ive emailed their admissions team , alongsdie will be phoning them tomorrow , like I have made them my firm choice and the typical offer for the coruce is AAB , so I just want some clarification really
Reply 4
so your reading it at AA distiction
Reply 5
Original post by jonathanemptage
The Distinction and the AA at least that's what I thinkI me it said and not or (hey that sound like i'm talking about logic gates I'm not though).

ive contacted their admissions team so i can get some clarifcation
"Grades AA from two A levels including history and a distinction from BTEC subsidiary diploma"

You need an A in history, an A in any other A level, and a distinction in your diploma.

I'm not sure how this could be any clearer? It says explicitly "two A levels". How could that possibly mean "actually, only one A level"?
Original post by skylark2
"Grades AA from two A levels including history and a distinction from BTEC subsidiary diploma"

You need an A in history, an A in any other A level, and a distinction in your diploma.

I'm not sure how this could be any clearer? It says explicitly "two A levels". How could that possibly mean "actually, only one A level"?

I think a lot students conflate AL's and BTECs, , (comments like "I have an a-level in BTEC...), in which case the offer could read as "achieve AA in SUBJECT1 and SUBJECT2".
Reply 8
I think a lot students conflate AL's and BTECs, , (comments like "I have an a-level in BTEC...), in which case the offer could read as "achieve AA in SUBJECT1 and SUBJECT2".

i have attached the screenshot of the offer this may help
i have attached the screenshot of the offer this may help

Thanks. Yeah It's what I thought originally, it might make more sense to read it as:

Achieve grades AA from two A levels including history
You also need to achieve a distinction from BTEC subsidiary diploma
hi all

The wording is AND so that means History grade A, another A level grade A and distinctiom BTEC.
Reply 11
Thanks. Yeah It's what I thought originally, it might make more sense to read it as:

Achieve grades AA from two A levels including history
You also need to achieve a distinction from BTEC subsidiary diploma

so i need to get Distinction AA , but then could I get distinction star A in history and B? or distinction A in history B
so i need to get Distinction AA , but then could I get distinction star A in history and B? or distinction A in history B

That would be a judgement call on their part and you'd only find out on results day.
Reply 13
Original post by jonathanemptage
That would be a judgement call on their part and you'd only find out on results day.

yeah im going to there department open days so I can look really good as a applicant , also I've contacted admissions so they know me as a applicant and makes me seem interested so hopefully they do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending