The Student Room Group

How likely am I going to be to get into greenhead college

Hi, kinda stressed right now to see whether I’m gonna get into greenhead or not but these are my predicted grades

I’m applying for physics, chemistry and biology but I’m likely to switch physics for maths and try aim for a 7 in maths

Maths:6
Chemistry: 7
Biology:6
Physics:7
English lit: 5+
English language: 5-
Spanish: 2
History: 5+
Computer science: 4
Reply 1
Original post by Elmo001
Hi, kinda stressed right now to see whether I’m gonna get into greenhead or not but these are my predicted grades

I’m applying for physics, chemistry and biology but I’m likely to switch physics for maths and try aim for a 7 in maths

Maths:6
Chemistry: 7
Biology:6
Physics:7
English lit: 5+
English language: 5-
Spanish: 2
History: 5+
Computer science: 4

Are you in Kirklees or further afield? Greenhead tends to accept people from Kirklees with lower grades. I do think you need a 7 in maths though if you want to take it at A level. If I'm being totally honest, some of your grades are on the low side. Having said that, Greenhead has doubled in size over the last couple of years and so competition may be less fierce. It is a fantastic sixth form- all three of my girls went there.
Reply 2
If you study hard I am sure you will do great
But if you do not get at least 6s in your sciences, I would not apply for them as you will have difficulty catching up with the content. The subjects are not easy but they are fun, so if you put your effort in, I am sure you will do great.
(I hate physics so I am cheering that you change to maths but it is all on you)
Remember that you are choosing the 3 most content-heavy subjects that require at least 7 hours+ outside of college time to revise, revise and revise.
FOr someone who just started college this year, I can tell you that I am still trying to cope with the amount of knowledge I have learnt, whilst I got decent grades of 8s and 9s.
All I can suggest is to revise exam questions
Reply 3
Original post by CookyLil
If you study hard I am sure you will do great
But if you do not get at least 6s in your sciences, I would not apply for them as you will have difficulty catching up with the content. The subjects are not easy but they are fun, so if you put your effort in, I am sure you will do great.
(I hate physics so I am cheering that you change to maths but it is all on you)
Remember that you are choosing the 3 most content-heavy subjects that require at least 7 hours+ outside of college time to revise, revise and revise.
FOr someone who just started college this year, I can tell you that I am still trying to cope with the amount of knowledge I have learnt, whilst I got decent grades of 8s and 9s.
All I can suggest is to revise exam questions

Thanks, I’m use to doing heavy revision, I did around 4 hours a day from September to late November to get my science grades from a 4 to a 7 and got a 9 in biology (revised around 100 hours in total of paper 1 biology) but unfortunately got accused of cheating because I jumped from a 5 in Y10 mocks to a 9. I’m not mad though, mainly because the mock isn’t the real exam. I think I’ll use college frees and time at home to study extra.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending