The Student Room Group

Someone is reporting me to uni because of a tweet.

I quote tweeted a shock account on twitter, someone didn't like it, doxxed me and may have reported me to my university. What will come from this and what do I do about it?
It's not but this guy found my Facebook and mentioned the uni publicly and basically threatened to email them.
I quoted a video of some deprived bloke smearing **** on himself. Don't think that's why he was mad at me though, we were arguing about a TV show before that. He started trolling me so I started shitposting. Basically the generic twitter toxicity. I've deleted the interaction now and made my account private but he said that he has screenshots. Dunno if he's ********ting about it all or not. If he did email my uni, how long do you think it would be until i found out?
Have you looked at your university social media/it usage policy to work out if you are in breach of their rules?
That’s where the process for disciplinary investigation and action will be explained too.
Stop replying to and interacting with him. Just ignore his dumb threats and delete your university off your Facebook or change the privacy settings on it so that only your friends can see it. Chances are he’ll do nothing and many uni professors ignore emails they get from random people that aren’t affiliated with the university.
Original post by Son of the Sea
Stop replying to and interacting with him. Just ignore his dumb threats and delete your university off your Facebook or change the privacy settings on it so that only your friends can see it. Chances are he’ll do nothing and many uni professors ignore emails they get from random people that aren’t affiliated with the university.

I stopped interacting with him ages ago. I just checked and my uni wasn't even on my Facebook so I have no clue how he even found that out. Can't think of what it might be on.
(edited 2 years ago)

I mean it's so vague that I don't even know if I have. Probably would count as "inappropriate", so they could say I have broken it if they wanted.
To repeat PQ's question, have you looked at your university social media/IT usage policy to work out if you are in breach of their rules?
Original post by anonymous5283628
I mean it's so vague that I don't even know if I have. Probably would count as "inappropriate", so they could say I have broken it if they wanted.

Is it on your LinkedIn? Check all your social media and make sure it’s not listed anywhere. Also, it might be a good idea to not have your real name on your twitter account.
Reply 9
What I started doing at University was breaking off contact with a number of people on Social Media, including family I did not trust as they would create unnecessary arguments.

You can find fun offline. Don't interact with strangers people on the Web.
Is it on your LinkedIn? Check all your social media and make sure it’s not listed anywhere. Also, it might be a good idea to not have your real name on your twitter account.

Sorry that was meant to be a reply to PQ, not sure how I managed that. But it's not on my LinkedIn and also my real name isn't on my Twitter. I assume he looked up my username and found my Instagram where he then must have stalked it to find out my real name where he then found my Facebook and then started listening all my family member's names on Twitter. 💀 Don't have a clue how he found out my uni though unless someone in my family mentioned it on Facebook. I definitely didn't mention it on Facebook because I haven't used it for years. Never mentioned it on any social media at all actually.
Original post by JVM2020
Don't interact with strangers people on the Web.

:giggle: but you're doing that right now... Other than that I agree.
Original post by PQ
Have you looked at your university social media/it usage policy to work out if you are in breach of their rules?
That’s where the process for disciplinary investigation and action will be explained too.

Sorry, I replied to wrong person:

Unless you’ve said something really awful such as calling for the persecution of minorities, I don’t think you’ll have much to worry about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending