The Student Room Group

Glasgow vs City, University of London for Business Analytics

I'm an international student.
I've gotten offers from University of Glasgow(MSc Data Analytics for Economics and Finance), Uni of Bath and City, University of London(Bayes Business School) (MSc Business Analytics)

Ive applied to Manchester, Durham and KCL as well. I don't think i have a chance at Manchester.

So for now I'm really confused between City and Glasgow. Glasgow is a much better and reputed university. But City's Business school is pretty good. Its even ranked 6th in the UK. Also it has the London advantage.
I like the course at both the unis.
Im leaning towards City for the geographical location because I'd love to be in a busy and happening city like London. But I dont want to regret not taking up Glasgow.
Ive gotten to know that loving in Glasgow could be a lot cheaper too. Im planning to work part time to pay for my living expenses.
Also, if I do get into Durham, how should I consider that?
Yes there are lots of advantages of going to London but the cost of living is high; expect to pay £800 a month for a room in a shared flat in London. Its £500 in Glasgow. Glasgow University is a top rated university and the city is welcoming for International students.

Durham is again an excellent university but the city is much smaller than Glasgow and London. It will not have a large International student population when compared to Glasgow or City.
Reply 2
Original post by mike23mike
Yes there are lots of advantages of going to London but the cost of living is high; expect to pay £800 a month for a room in a shared flat in London. Its £500 in Glasgow. Glasgow University is a top rated university and the city is welcoming for International students.

Durham is again an excellent university but the city is much smaller than Glasgow and London. It will not have a large International student population when compared to Glasgow or City.

Thanks for the response...But Durham being near to Newcastle helps I hope? How big is Newcastle upon Tyne?
Original post by aparnavx
Thanks for the response...But Durham being near to Newcastle helps I hope? How big is Newcastle upon Tyne?

Newcastle is the 17th largest city in the UK, Glasgow is 3rd. Click HERE to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending