The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Best accom at Bristol + Stereotypes

Which accom would you reckon is the best for catered (preferably ensuite as well)?

And what do you think about Wills?
Reply 1
bump^
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
bump lmao
Reply 3
Depends on what you want from a halls and what your main concerns are living away from home. I knew I definitely didn't want to go for catered, very limited food options (usually kind of grim imo), if you're not there at a certain time for meals then you don't get to eat etc lol. I knew this wouldn't work for me cause I feel like if I fancy eating something specific I don't want to have a random canteen meal that i might not even like, and I also had a job in first year so my schedule wasn't as flexible as unemployed students. But basically: most halls in Bristol are all grim...Some of them you just pay more and are surrounded by tories, but hey if that's your cup of tea then go for the more expensive ones. I lived in stoke bishop and they all have stereotypes.

Churchill: posh, nice courtyards
Badock: druggy, rooms are a scam for how much you pay
UH: least amount of private school ppl, best bar in all of stoke bishop
Hiatt baker self catered: usually normal ppl, some posh but on the whole they're nice
Hiatt baker catered: more posh people than SC but looks like an actual prison on the inside
Durdham: people used to call it deadham cause it had the reputation for being boring but the people are usually fine
Wills: full of tories - if I had to pick a hall I would want to live in the least out of them all it would be wills

I honestly don't know which I would recommend for the best catered experience, as like I've said the catered experience never appealed to me. I think churchill is probably technically the nicest in terms of rooms and grounds, dunno what the food is like. However, if it was me I would probably pick HB if I had to pick a catered, just cause the people are more normal than the likes of wills or churchill lol.
Reply 4
Original post by ni909
Depends on what you want from a halls and what your main concerns are living away from home. I knew I definitely didn't want to go for catered, very limited food options (usually kind of grim imo), if you're not there at a certain time for meals then you don't get to eat etc lol. I knew this wouldn't work for me cause I feel like if I fancy eating something specific I don't want to have a random canteen meal that i might not even like, and I also had a job in first year so my schedule wasn't as flexible as unemployed students. But basically: most halls in Bristol are all grim...Some of them you just pay more and are surrounded by tories, but hey if that's your cup of tea then go for the more expensive ones. I lived in stoke bishop and they all have stereotypes.

Churchill: posh, nice courtyards
Badock: druggy, rooms are a scam for how much you pay
UH: least amount of private school ppl, best bar in all of stoke bishop
Hiatt baker self catered: usually normal ppl, some posh but on the whole they're nice
Hiatt baker catered: more posh people than SC but looks like an actual prison on the inside
Durdham: people used to call it deadham cause it had the reputation for being boring but the people are usually fine
Wills: full of tories - if I had to pick a hall I would want to live in the least out of them all it would be wills

I honestly don't know which I would recommend for the best catered experience, as like I've said the catered experience never appealed to me. I think churchill is probably technically the nicest in terms of rooms and grounds, dunno what the food is like. However, if it was me I would probably pick HB if I had to pick a catered, just cause the people are more normal than the likes of wills or churchill lol.

Thank you!
When you say tories and posh people would you reckon Bristol is on par with the likes of Durham and Exeter (just out of curiosity)?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you!
When you say tories and posh people would you reckon Bristol is on par with the likes of Durham and Exeter (just out of curiosity)?

Yes. It has the stereotype for being an oxbridge reject university for a reason. There are still plenty of lovely people here though and at the end of the day you will come across a lot of posh/tories at any russell group uni! One of the biggest things to note about Bristol though is that accomodation tends to cost a lot more than other universities, including privately owned. I pay £575 a month rent atm (mainly down to the housing crisis and me wanting to live in clifton)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending