The Student Room Group

Need a UCAS reference from ex college, who do I contact?

Hey, I need a reference from my ex college as I'm trying to transfer to a better uni for next year. Who do I contact though, since on my old school emails, it won't show me my ex form tutors email address. Do I just contact the Head? And would they be able to make a new one for me if they don't have my old one from last year no more or not?
if you're already at uni, shouldn't they be the ones to write your reference instead of your old college?
Contact the admissions office.
Original post by wolves2003
if you're already at uni, shouldn't they be the ones to write your reference instead of your old college?

No teachers from my uni want to write a reference. So I gotta contact my college.
Original post by EternalKnight_02
Contact the admissions office.

Hey, thanks, I'll try send them an email
Start with the head of year or just main reception to direct your email appropriately. They should still have a ref on file for you.
Original post by Admit-One
Start with the head of year or just main reception to direct your email appropriately. They should still have a ref on file for you.

Hey, I sent emails to them but haven't heard back. How long do you reckon I should wait before I call the college up to ask?
Original post by Madnessmadness
Hey, I sent emails to them but haven't heard back. How long do you reckon I should wait before I call the college up to ask?

If you're trying to get an app in by 26th Jan, I would just call them now.

I just got a reply back via email. Because I already submitted my application like an idiot because I didn't think that I could get a reference and didn't know that UCAS applications won't be considered at all without a reference, I've gotta get an ex teacher to send it to the universities. I've contacted my first choice and they've said that I just need to get a teacher to send it to the admissions team. Do you think I should do this for all 4 choices? Though tbf the only one I'm really bothered about making is my first choice. If I get into my first choice, I'm definitely transferring. Not too sure about my 2nd, 3rd & especially 4th choice though.

Oh and also is it after you get accepted by each uni, you can pick your preferences right?

Hey one more question. By results day, will my university update my grades onto UCAS or do I have to do it manually?
I've contacted my first choice and they've said that I just need to get a teacher to send it to the admissions team. Do you think I should do this for all 4 choices?

Yes.
Oh and also is it after you get accepted by each uni, you can pick your preferences right?

Once you get a decision from all your choices you will be given a reply deadline. There is no rush to pick before this date. use all the time you need. Go to offer holder open days even if you are sure.
Hey one more question. By results day, will my university update my grades onto UCAS or do I have to do it manually?

If you offer is conditional on uni results, you will have to arrange to have them sent to the new uni. It will not happen automatically or via UCAS. The new uni will give instructions on how to do this, (usually emailing your transcript and then bringinig it along to enrolment is sufficient).

Quick Reply

Latest