The Student Room Group

tailored tutors or uplearn?

hey, i'm in my second year of a-levels and I recently bought tailored tutors for biology and chemistry which I was struggling a bit with. i also found uplearn which includes psychology (my 3rd subject) and is roughly the same price, but I'm not sure if I should switch to uplearn to finish out the courses or just stick to tailored tutors. does anyone know which is better- uplearn or tailored tutors? Thanks lol
Original post by arushi04
hey, i'm in my second year of a-levels and I recently bought tailored tutors for biology and chemistry which I was struggling a bit with. i also found uplearn which includes psychology (my 3rd subject) and is roughly the same price, but I'm not sure if I should switch to uplearn to finish out the courses or just stick to tailored tutors. does anyone know which is better- uplearn or tailored tutors? Thanks lol

I use uplearn for chemistry but tbh it’s not that great
It’s good for breaking down complicated stuff so that you can easily understand it, but it takes a whileee to get through a whole topic, esp since each topic is broken into subtopics which is further broken down into a list of videos.
But basically it’s good for longer term revision, but not that helpful if u want to cram or get everything done in a short amount of time.
Also some points they teach kind of sway from the spec, so not all of the info is needed.
Ooo but if you’re fsm the course is offered for free, provided you give evidence. Also u can try the free trial :smile:
I haven’t used tailored tutors yet so I can’t really compare it, so I’m sorry about that!
Original post by #anonymous_user
It’s good for breaking down complicated stuff so that you can easily understand it, but it takes a whileee to get through a whole topic, esp since each topic is broken into subtopics which is further broken down into a list of videos.
But basically it’s good for longer term revision, but not that helpful if u want to cram or get everything done in a short amount of time.
Also some points they teach kind of sway from the spec, so not all of the info is needed.
Ooo but if you’re fsm the course is offered for free, provided you give evidence. Also u can try the free trial :smile:
I haven’t used tailored tutors yet so I can’t really compare it, so I’m sorry about that!

Uplearn also says that if don't get an A/A* and do the course you get your money back.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Uplearn also says that if don't get an A/A* and do the course you get your money back.

Ooo yeah it does! I forgot about that sorry 😭
Reply 4
Original post by #anonymous_user

thank you!! i think i'm going to try the free trial :smile:
Original post by arushi04
thank you!! i think i'm going to try the free trial :smile:

Nwss xx I hope it works out for you!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest