The Student Room Group

This girl I’ve been messaging

So I’ve been talking to this girl for two months now on Instagram dm. The first week we talked I asked for her number in a funny silly way but she didn’t give it to me yet we continued to talk flirt and just have “getting to know you” conversations. My problem is she takes hours to respond to my messages but when she does reply it’s a detailed message and also a question to keep the conversation going. She definitely puts in effort in the message but she is constantly on Facebook all the time and doesn’t reply to my message for hours at infact she will even like or laugh at my posts on Facebook or even like a photo. Does this mean she is into me or doesn’t really wanna talk. And also should I even bother asking for her number if she takes hours to respond to a message I don’t wanna make her think she has to reply faster or give me more time since it’s a straight text message. And if i ask for her number should and she declines should i stop talking to her?
Reply 1
She might just not use Instagram as much
Reply 2
Original post by Sohello
She might just not use Instagram as much

I think that might be the case.. do you think i should ever ask for her number considering the gap in messages? and if she declines should i stop talking to her i dont want a text only relationship?
Reply 3
Original post by E46m31991
I think that might be the case.. do you think i should ever ask for her number considering the gap in messages? and if she declines should i stop talking to her i dont want a text only relationship?

Yeh ask for her number and if she declines then stop speaking to her bc theres no point
Reply 4
Why would you ask for her phone number and then text her? Tell her you want to phone and talk!

Can't understand people complaining about slow replies when there's a way to try having a proper back-and-forth.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
Why would you ask for her phone number and then text her? Tell her you want to phone and talk!

Can't understand people complaining about slow replies when there's a way to try having a proper back-and-forth.

well i did ask the first week but we continued the text because it was just too early. But we message each other everyday now on instagram. do you think she may be waiting for me to ask for her number? i mean its been almost three months on direct messaging if she says no again at this point would you say shes leading on and i should stop communication?
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia

also she never gave me her number when i asked the first week, we just continued to chat on instagram dm
Reply 7
also she never gave me her number when i asked the first week, we just continued to chat on instagram dm

I wouldn't give out my phone number to a virtual stranger on the internet! Then again, I wouldn't conduct a virtual relationship; you don't have these issues when you meet your partner in real life.
Reply 8
well i did ask the first week but we continued the text because it was just too early. But we message each other everyday now on instagram. do you think she may be waiting for me to ask for her number? i mean its been almost three months on direct messaging if she says no again at this point would you say shes leading on and i should stop communication?

If she doesn't give her number 2nd time around, ask why not.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Surnia
I wouldn't give out my phone number to a virtual stranger on the internet! Then again, I wouldn't conduct a virtual relationship; you don't have these issues when you meet your partner in real life.

vary true she is 3 hours away from me though which isnt crazy but i mean would you say two months is enough time for her to get comfortable enough to give me her number?
vary true she is 3 hours away from me though which isnt crazy but i mean would you say two months is enough time for her to get comfortable enough to give me her number?

2 months isn't really enough especially online but if you've been talking a lot then ig it's okay but i personally wouldn't give my number to someone for just knowing them for 2 months.
Reply 11
Original post by gracieee16
2 months isn't really enough especially online but if you've been talking a lot then ig it's okay but i personally wouldn't give my number to someone for just knowing them for 2 months.

Ok how long should i wait to ask? its not like our chats are one sided or anything we both put in effort to getting to know eachother witch is a good sign.
Ok how long should i wait to ask? its not like our chats are one sided or anything we both put in effort to getting to know eachother witch is a good sign.

ask her now then. you could just say "hey could i please have your number as it's possibly easier" or something like that.
Reply 13
Original post by gracieee16
ask her now then. you could just say "hey could i please have your number as it's possibly easier" or something like that.

good idea. i just havent yet because i dont want to come off as needy since their are hours long gaps between messages sometims lol but i mean their comes a time when i have to ask again i suppose.
So I’ve been talking to this girl for two months now on Instagram dm. The first week we talked I asked for her number in a funny silly way but she didn’t give it to me yet we continued to talk flirt and just have “getting to know you” conversations. My problem is she takes hours to respond to my messages but when she does reply it’s a detailed message and also a question to keep the conversation going. She definitely puts in effort in the message but she is constantly on Facebook all the time and doesn’t reply to my message for hours at infact she will even like or laugh at my posts on Facebook or even like a photo. Does this mean she is into me or doesn’t really wanna talk. And also should I even bother asking for her number if she takes hours to respond to a message I don’t wanna make her think she has to reply faster or give me more time since it’s a straight text message. And if i ask for her number should and she declines should i stop talking to her?

I wouldn't take it so heart, she probably doesn't use the app much. If someone doesn't reply often they may find the task of texting tiring, this doesn't reflect on you. They clearly make effort to the conversations and do not want to be attached to texting 24/7, because then it would be expected of them and become tiresome. Some people are just bad at replying to messages and that is okay and they shouldn't have to change that.
Reply 15
Original post by babybritain69
I wouldn't take it so heart, she probably doesn't use the app much. If someone doesn't reply often they may find the task of texting tiring, this doesn't reflect on you. They clearly make effort to the conversations and do not want to be attached to texting 24/7, because then it would be expected of them and become tiresome. Some people are just bad at replying to messages and that is okay and they shouldn't have to change that.

so what should i do just continue speaking and see where it leads?
Reply 16
Original post by babybritain69

???
good idea. i just havent yet because i dont want to come off as needy since their are hours long gaps between messages sometims lol but i mean their comes a time when i have to ask again i suppose.

just do it in ur own time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending