The Student Room Group

The daily Wordle puzzle thread!

Hi all, Wordles ( https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html) have been taking Twitter by storm recently so why not set up a thread for it here?! :ahee:

Format is the same as the board game Mastermind (just with letters instead of colours) and the TV show Lingo.

You get 6 chances to guess a 5-letter word and it will tell you if you have a right letter, right letter in the right place, or a wrong letter (you'll see what i mean when you try it!) :h:

So yeah, post your results (can be done using the 'share' button after you finish a word), and everyone gets the same word so use spoilers if you want to talk specifics!

Happy lettering!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Today's wordle:
very surprised at guessing it second time round!
[grey means wrong letter, yellow means right letter but wrong position, and green means right letter and right position]

Wordle 214 2/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
topin
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by tinyperson
p

Please edit
Original post by flaurie
Today's wordle:
very surprised at guessing it second time round!
[grey means wrong letter, yellow means right letter but wrong position, and green means right letter and right position]

Wordle 214 2/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The one with American spelling was annoying - only got it on my 6th guess.
Wordle 215 5/6

Took a bit of thinking today!

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I got the first two letters quite quickly but took 6 guesses to get the word ...
Do people always start with the same guess? I do
Wordle 216 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Original post by Muttley79
Do people always start with the same guess? I do

I tend to either start with ANGER (for the common letters) or EMAIL (for the vowels)
I saw someone on twitter say that they always start with the previous day's word which i thought was quite interesting!
Original post by flaurie
Wordle 216 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I got it in four guesses too :smile:
Original post by flaurie
I tend to either start with ANGER (for the common letters) or EMAIL (for the vowels)
I saw someone on twitter say that they always start with the previous day's word which i thought was quite interesting!

That's interesting - I've been using RENTS
That's interesting - I've been using RENTS

ooh cool, I always forget that it can be a 4 letter word with an S on the end
Wordle 217 3/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Original post by flaurie
Wordle 217 3/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I got it in 4 ... got the last three letters on my second guess - then it was a case of guessing the first two to fit that
I got it in 4 ... got the last three letters on my second guess - then it was a case of guessing the first two to fit that

Ooh nice one!
Original post by flaurie
Ooh nice one!

You did well to get it in three -

How is uni going?
Wordle 217 5/6

🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I got today's in 3 which is my best so far.
Goodness, was not expecting to get the word today
Wordle 218 3/6

🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quick Reply

Latest