The Student Room Group

Universities accepting A level biology only?

Liverpool and Brunel both told me that they will consider a recently achieved B in A level Biology without an access course for mature students with a previous degree at 2:1 (even in an unrelated subject).

I was just wondering if anyone has gone down this route or know if someone has been successfully accepted without an access course but with A level Biology?
Original post by sarahcarr
Liverpool and Brunel both told me that they will consider a recently achieved B in A level Biology without an access course for mature students with a previous degree at 2:1 (even in an unrelated subject).

I was just wondering if anyone has gone down this route or know if someone has been successfully accepted without an access course but with A level Biology?

I went the access course route in the end as I just thought it would be a little simpler, but quite a lot of Universities do accept old a-levels and degrees etc. as long as you have something to demonstrate recent study. If your prior grades are very good and in the right sort of things then there’s no real reason to have to do an access course rather than just like a single A-Level, it shouldn’t particularly effect your outcomes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending