The Student Room Group

tailored tutors or uplearn?

hey, i'm in my second year of a-levels and I recently bought tailored tutors for biology and chemistry which I was struggling a bit with. i also found uplearn which includes psychology (my 3rd subject) and is roughly the same price, but I'm not sure if I should switch to uplearn to finish out the courses or just stick to tailored tutors. does anyone know which is better- uplearn or tailored tutors? Thanks lol

(posted this on another forum but it didn't get any responses so I'm posting it here too)
Original post by arushi04
hey, i'm in my second year of a-levels and I recently bought tailored tutors for biology and chemistry which I was struggling a bit with. i also found uplearn which includes psychology (my 3rd subject) and is roughly the same price, but I'm not sure if I should switch to uplearn to finish out the courses or just stick to tailored tutors. does anyone know which is better- uplearn or tailored tutors? Thanks lol

(posted this on another forum but it didn't get any responses so I'm posting it here too)

Hi, I hope you get an answer on here :smile:
How does uplearn work? I'd be really interested to find out about it.

MP :smile:
Reply 2

i’m subscribed to tailored tutors !! im not a brand ambassador or getting paid to write this so it’s an unbiased view 😂😂 i found it very expensive so i went with the free trial to begin with, but it actually really helped me to improve my bio grades. i always found my textbook SO waffly and spent so long learning the small details and then being frustrated when it never came up in qs, and that was cause it wasn’t even on the specification 😭 the best thing about tailored tutors is the biology guy rich makes the videos for each topic based on markschemes and past paper qs + the spec, so everything in the vids you know you need to learn, and it cut my revision time in half so i had more time to focus on actual practise questions rather than just trying to memorise the content and then getting a **** score on my test 😭 if you can afford it id really reccomend them over uplearn. you can ask questions whenever you want in the comment section and they reply within 24 hours with a video explanation, plus they do a 2 hour live class every thursday !!!!
Reply 3
Original post by aliaa03
i’m subscribed to tailored tutors !! im not a brand ambassador or getting paid to write this so it’s an unbiased view 😂😂 i found it very expensive so i went with the free trial to begin with, but it actually really helped me to improve my bio grades. i always found my textbook SO waffly and spent so long learning the small details and then being frustrated when it never came up in qs, and that was cause it wasn’t even on the specification 😭 the best thing about tailored tutors is the biology guy rich makes the videos for each topic based on markschemes and past paper qs + the spec, so everything in the vids you know you need to learn, and it cut my revision time in half so i had more time to focus on actual practise questions rather than just trying to memorise the content and then getting a **** score on my test 😭 if you can afford it id really reccomend them over uplearn. you can ask questions whenever you want in the comment section and they reply within 24 hours with a video explanation, plus they do a 2 hour live class every thursday !!!!

thanks! have you used uplearn? or only tailored tutors?
Reply 4
thanks! have you used uplearn? or only tailored tutors?

i didn’t really like the style for uplearn so went with TT !
Reply 5
Original post by aliaa03
i didn’t really like the style for uplearn so went with TT !

cool, thank you! i just checked uplearn and apparently they don't offer biology!! so I'll probably stick with TT :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending