The Student Room Group

Red flag or do you think he’s telling the truth?

Recently starting talking to this guy, he’s 27 and one of the first things he told me was that he’s been in 3 abusive relationships and doesn’t have very good luck. This kinda blew my mind, 3 abusive relationships?! I’m wondering whether he’s being genuine and he really does just have bad luck or whether he’s the problem in these relationships? What do you guys think?
Original post by Anonymous
Recently starting talking to this guy, he’s 27 and one of the first things he told me was that he’s been in 3 abusive relationships and doesn’t have very good luck. This kinda blew my mind, 3 abusive relationships?! I’m wondering whether he’s being genuine and he really does just have bad luck or whether he’s the problem in these relationships? What do you guys think?

i'd say maybe try find out more abt the relationships and what made them toxic and see if he was maybe part of the issue
He's abused three other women? Seems like a red flag to me.
Red flag 🚩. I think he’s the troublemaker and toxic one behind this.

Everyone saying 🚩 I don't think quite realise that he told u this. He could've just not told u about the relationships and said he's not been in a serious relationship or 1 that didn't work out. The fact he started w it and told u shows integrity imo. However, I would still remain cautious as it is a bit odd 3 would end up like this. I'd say give him the benefit of the doubt
Maybe talk or find out more about his exes get in contact to them say how he was like to date and make a decision from there.
Maybe talk or find out more about his exes get in contact to them say how he was like to date and make a decision from there.

That could work but exes r most likely going to talk **** about their ex bc that's the reason they r their ex and not currently their bf
That could work but exes r most likely going to talk **** about their ex bc that's the reason they r their ex and not currently their bf

If in that case you have found your answer you will have expected them to be honest and speak the truth not hide or cover a lie if he comes out to be a red flag what benefit and why should you be victim of him. As for if they are to blame again you have a right whether to date him or not.
Could be true.
Get to know him more, you’ll start seeing his true colours.

Just keep in mind that some guys will tell you sob stories to make you feel bad for them, but it’s just a manipulation tactic in order to take advantage of your kindness to get what they want.
Original post by xobeauty
Could be true.
Get to know him more, you’ll start seeing his true colours.

Just keep in mind that some guys will tell you sob stories to make you feel bad for them, but it’s just a manipulation tactic in order to take advantage of your kindness to get what they want.

What my ex girlfriend did used me for my wealth, money then gold digged me into getting her expensive luxurious valuables before cheating on me with several boys already on her socials that she messaged, opened up their pictures and videos that they shared amongst one and other. 🚩:frown::s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by Trinculo
He's abused three other women? Seems like a red flag to me.

Because men can't be victims of domestic abuse?
Reply 11
It's not bad luck. He lets himself get abused.
Original post by Surnia
Because men can't be victims of domestic abuse?

Of course they can, but that’s not what the OP said. The OP only said that she’s met someone who has been in 3 abusive relationships- not whether that person was the abuser, victim or both.

I would find it a red flag that someone would share that sort of information to someone he has only recently started talking to. It could be true but equally he could be part of the problem - at the very least I suspect that he has issues

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending