The Student Room Group

Philosophy A-level with sciences

I applied to college with Chemistry, Biology and Psychology, however I am unsure on changing either Biology or psychology to philosophy..?I pick up on essay subject quickly and have really enjoyed RE and History GCSE so far but am planning on doing a Chemistry/Biochemistry/Pharmacology degree so don't know if it would be "useless".
just looks like a lot of fun tbh and would add some mixture to my subjects :/
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by _tiana
I applied to college with Chemistry, Biology and Psychology, however I am unsure on changing either Biology or psychology to philosophy..?I pick up on essay subject quickly and have really enjoyed RE and History GCSE so far but am planning on doing a Chemistry/Biochemistry/Pharmacology degree so don't know if it would be "useless".
just looks like a lot of fun tbh and would add some mixture to my subjects :/

Hi! What are the prerequisites for the degree courses you're interested in? MP :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mythical Pingu
Hi! What are the prerequisites for the degree courses you're interested in? MP :smile:

A majority just say "Chemistry and one other science". Very few have maths as a compulsory a level. However I'm aware of the benefits of doing 3 sciences/maths as some unis (e.g. bath) will give contextual offers if you do 3 x
Usually a 3rd subject can be any other subject - check carefully - so go for the subject you will enjot the most and where you feel confident of that all important 3rd high grade. Also check any Maths GCSE requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest