The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Student Accomodation

Hi, my daughter is hoping to go to Liverpool Hope in September to the undergradute Primary teaching degree course. She will be moving from Northern Ireland so we not sure of area. Where would be best for her to live? In student halls near campus or in the city centre? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks😊
Original post by SusanT458
Hi, my daughter is hoping to go to Liverpool Hope in September to the undergradute Primary teaching degree course. She will be moving from Northern Ireland so we not sure of area. Where would be best for her to live? In student halls near campus or in the city centre? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks😊

Hi Susan,

Thanks so much for getting in contact with us, it's great that your daughter is coming to study with us here at Hope!

In terms of accomodation, there are lots of options. We have 3 campuses dotted around Liverpool in which your daughter could decide to live. My advice would be for her to apply for Hope Park campus, as this means she will be living right by where her lectures are happening and she won't have to work out a commute, which could be very helpful especially if she is moving from Northern Ireland and might not know the Liverpool area and transport links that well just yet.

Our Hope Park campus is also only 20 mins away from the City centre by bus, and we have multiple bus stops just outside the campus that can take you there and back. If you follow this link and scroll down, you can see pictures of our various halls of residence, as well as prices and additional information. https://www.hope.ac.uk/halls/hallsofresidence/hopeparkaccommodation/

We also have a range of halls your daughter can choose from, dependent on whether she would like to apply for an en suite room or accommodation with shared bathroom facilities. This does change the price of the accommodation quite significantly, so please do look over these before you apply.

Living at Hope Park also means that she will have direct access to the library, the student union, canteens, cafes, the Gym (which is just 25 pounds a year) and other sporting and support facilities.

Booking for new applicants will open on Tuesday the 1st of Feburary, but we recommend having a look at which halls interest you before then.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else at all! Good luck to your daughter for starting her degree! We really look forward to welcoming her!

Rachel :smile:
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you so much, great advice & yes, we will getting looking this weekend.

Best advice can give personally is avoid Unite Student (see 1* reviews on tripadvisor / posts on Twitter re lack of privacy etc). If she does go for any halls ensure they sign up to the national code for student accomodation (see nationalcode.org)
Reply 4
Thanks for that😊
Thanks for that😊

:smile:
She'll love Liverpool it's an amazing city, make sure you check out the central library if you go!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending