The Student Room Group

what's the most amount of money you've spent

I'm 21 and I have some plans to spend money (in 5000+ pounds range) and I was just wondering what you guys spend your money on to see if what I want to spend on makes sense, thanks

Scroll to see replies

Oof I can imagine that cost quite a bit... that's a very reasonable thing to spend on in most cases
uni education
Reply 3
So far £150 on clothes but probs uni is gonna be the most expensive.
Reply 4
Buying a house; I've paid the mortgage off early and it's all mine!

Otherwise, it's my current car and a blow-out trip to the USA/Canada, both of which cost more than you are planning to spend, OP.
Reply 5
House deposit which was about £30k I believe.
Laser eye surgery £4700
There's a theme here - house deposit when we last moved (a million years ago), followed by a car.
Reply 8
My house deposit was expensive though it was so long ago I cant remember.

Car years ago.

Australia - five weeks. Often back-packing. Thousands - but worth it.

Irrelevant to this but most expensive cost added up over the years in one way or another - being a parent.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Head Honcho.
I'm 21 and I have some plans to spend money (in 5000+ pounds range) and I was just wondering what you guys spend your money on to see if what I want to spend on makes sense, thanks

The most i spent was £113,000. On a house.
Like others, house followed by car.
Approx spent at once 90% of price of house ( roughly £135,000 )
Reply 12
Original post by Reality Check
There's a theme here - house deposit when we last moved (a million years ago), followed by a car.

You spent "a million" years ago, on your house deposit. That's quite impressive actually😁
In a single time then I guess it was my previous laptop for Uni which I think was about £2200 back in 2018, If I count a finance agreement then it'd be my car at £5700.
(edited 2 years ago)
Paid off all my non student debt which was a few grand.

Most on actual thing was about 1500 on a self build computer system.
Original post by meddad
You spent "a million" years ago, on your house deposit. That's quite impressive actually😁

:laugh: it would have been groats, it was that long ago.
Reply 16
Couple of grand on a guitar, similar on an amp
none of your business 😂 private information innit.
£105k on my house
£50 on food
£70 on clothes
A expensive new lamp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending