The Student Room Group

I want to move school in year 10

I hate my school it is disuptive homophobic and the teaching is bad. I might have an opportunity to go to a private school with long hours and good grades. I would miss my friends however as I could only see them on sunday. What should I do?
Original post by issyybryant_
I hate my school it is disuptive homophobic and the teaching is bad. I might have an opportunity to go to a private school with long hours and good grades. I would miss my friends however as I could only see them on sunday. What should I do?

I think that I would move schools. Ultimately the most important thing is your happiness, and if you think your current school is not a supportive and welcoming environment, then you don’t need to put up with that. The quality of teaching and your eventual grades is also incredibly important because it will determine where you will go to university. Although you might miss your friends, you will still be able to see them and text them every day!! You will also make new friends really quickly.
Original post by issyybryant_

No guarantee the Private school has good teaching ... good results are easy as they can decide which to declare by making parents pay for exam entries.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Muttley79
No guarantee the Private school has good teaching ... good results are easy as they can decide which to declare by making parents pay for exam entries.

That certainly isn’t true for most private schools.
Besides, if you don’t want to trust the results, look at:
- uni destinations
- ISI (independent schools inspectorate) reports
- reviews in the Good School’s Guide
- review by Tatler School Guide
- the times often does ‘parent power’ league tables

Talk to current and former pupils. Mumsnet can be a good shout for seeing what parents think.
Original post by booklover1313
That

Why are you replying to me? The private schools near mine are nowhere near as good as the state options.
ISI reports are done by other private schools not Ofsted - the system is known to be useless.
I'd suggest moving. I know its sort of late to move school, but if you get the opportunity to go to a better school, than Id take it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending