The Student Room Group

What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?

Titleeeeee 💜

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
slipped on a tennis ball fell flat face on the floor and broke my front tooth
i had to get a cap put on it
Original post by Food!!
slipped on a tennis ball fell flat face on the floor and broke my front tooth
i had to get a cap put on it

I did the exact same thing 😯

When I was 8 I slipped on a tennis ball at school, fell on my face, and broke my front tooth.

By some sort of wizardry the dentist managed to save it, but it was black as the nerve inside was removed, so it had a filling at the back.

When I was 17 I had several sessions with a private dentist to inject whitening stuff inside it. Gradually it became a normal colour, but it was still weak.
Then not long afterwards, I was punched in the face in a nightclub. Broke the tooth completely. It wasn't salvageable.

For a while I had a removable false tooth on a denture plate, but now I have a fixed bridge false tooth.
Fell down the stairs during my work experience - I tripped on air…
Ended up bruising my coccyx pretty bad
The classic duo of tripping down the stairs and bumping into objects that I can clearly see.
Tripped over the curb when I was walking home at night and I grazed my knee a bit
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
I seem to manage to cut myself on everything in this world, probably most notable is when I cut myself on a tap...still don't know how but it happened
Pointed in the direction of a closing door when I was 5 and got the top of my middle finger squashed. I had to have surgery under GA to repair it.
A few things. Had a football kicked and went right in my face once.
I bent over near a mantlepiece to do some polishing and as I stood up the back of my head caught the corner and took the corner of the mantlepiece clean off.
I was in a travelodge near Edinburgh and I slipped in the bath tub and landed on my coccyx and couldnt sit down for days.
Reply 9
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I did the exact same thing 😯

When I was 8 I slipped on a tennis ball at school, fell on my face, and broke my front tooth.

By some sort of wizardry the dentist managed to save it, but it was black as the nerve inside was removed, so it had a filling at the back.

When I was 17 I had several sessions with a private dentist to inject whitening stuff inside it. Gradually it became a normal colour, but it was still weak.
Then not long afterwards, I was punched in the face in a nightclub. Broke the tooth completely. It wasn't salvageable.

For a while I had a removable false tooth on a denture plate, but now I have a fixed bridge false tooth.

wow are we the same person :rofl:

yh i was 8 or 9 when it happened to me as well

but i only broke a small bit of it so they put a cap on it and it was fine but in yr 7 i used to chew my pen all the time(ik disgusting) but cuz i did that the cap came off and they had to put a new one on

no one has ever noticed it tho i forget about it sometimes lol
Tripped and fell while running for a bus.
Scraping my knees on the ground while playing tag with some kids in primary school.
Fell off the last step of a staircase and broke my ankle, was in bed for like a month
Reply 13
Slipped in a puddle in the sports hall and dislocated my knee
broke my own nose slipping when I was picking up a heavy box, caught my own nose with my own hand
hit by a car after tripping off a kerb
Kicked someone's leg at a football game during a tackle, got a yellow card and a fractured foot.
Fell off my bike
Fallen out of a tree once
Bruised myself whilst reaching for some sweets at a local sweet shop recently
I don't like to talk about it.
Original post by gjd800
Slipped in a puddle in the sports hall and dislocated my knee
broke my own nose slipping when I was picking up a heavy box, caught my own nose with my own hand
hit by a car after tripping off a kerb

Hit by a car?! How fast was it going and what happened to you
Reply 18
I opened the fridge for some food, there was a jar of jam that was somehow right on the edge of the fridge and was leaning on the door, so when I opened it, it fell. I sliced my ankle open and had to go get surgery for it :colonhash:
Reply 19
Original post by Bristolbb
Hit by a car?! How fast was it going and what happened to you

About 40 - too fast

Broken leg, foot, ankle, and fractured skull :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest