The Student Room Group

Accidental Offer

I applied for a university and I have an interview on the 24th; but I got an email earlier on saying “congrats, well done on the interview and you have an unconditional offer.”

I have emailed them saying there was an error but they’ve not gotten back to me;; has this happened to anyone else before?

I recon they’ve mistook me for someone else but they haven’t changed the offer yet.
Was it just an email or has ucas updated to show the offer?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Was it just an email or has ucas updated to show the offer?

both, i got an email congratulating me from the university and the ucas had updated to show the offer.
Original post by Misutii
both, i got an email congratulating me from the university and the ucas had updated to show the offer.

You need to contact them to let them know that you have been made an offer before your interview.

If they’ve made an offer, even in error, then they can only retract it with your explicit agreement. So be careful about how you word things to make it clear that you are informing them of the offer and asking if you still should attend the interview.
Original post by Misutii
I applied for a university and I have an interview on the 24th; but I got an email earlier on saying “congrats, well done on the interview and you have an unconditional offer.”

I have emailed them saying there was an error but they’ve not gotten back to me;; has this happened to anyone else before?

I recon they’ve mistook me for someone else but they haven’t changed the offer yet.

Is it meant to be a proper interview or more of a chat/open day?
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
You need to contact them to let them know that you have been made an offer before your interview.

If they’ve made an offer, even in error, then they can only retract it with your explicit agreement. So be careful about how you word things to make it clear that you are informing them of the offer and asking if you still should attend the interview.

Alright, I sent an email the second I realised there had been an error but there was no response; if I get no response by monday I’ll just have to bring it up in my interview.
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
Is it meant to be a proper interview or more of a chat/open day?

Proper interview, online for about half an hour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending