The Student Room Group

sweat patches under my armpits problem

I always have sweat patches under my armpits, and because of this, I cant wear nice tops. I mostly wear hoodies, sweatshirts, and baggy clothes to avoid this problem. What can I do to solve this?
Reply 1
Try antiperspirants specifically made for excessive sweating like Driclor or Triple Dry. And if after a few months they haven't helped, go to your GP and ask about hyperhidrosis treatments.
You shouldn't feel ashamed for how your body functions. I've struggled with the issue myself, across my whole body. As a young teenage girl, it felt terribly embarrassing and shameful. Being older, you learn to kind of accept it as part of you :smile:

As long as you don't smell, it's not that bad - but do try to fix it if you wish! I too feel quite limited in what I can wear. Certain colours and fabrics are an absolute no-go but that doesn't mean dressing pretty is impossible! I hope you find what works for you.
Reply 3
Where an under shirt, there is a company that makes specific ones for this (extra padded armpits) so sweat marks dont show on work shirts, i think its called timpson tees or some such? expensive option aside.. either live with vit or wear an undershirt though. The medical route sounds painful, expensive and unnecessary to me.
Original post by Napp
Where an under shirt, there is a company that makes specific ones for this (extra padded armpits) so sweat marks dont show on work shirts, i think its called timpson tees or some such? expensive option aside.. either live with vit or wear an undershirt though. The medical route sounds painful, expensive and unnecessary to me.

Thompson Tees are American and quite difficult to get hold of in the UK, but there is a British company called Sweatshield (their undershirts are actually better than Thompson Tees as well). They are expensive but they do work for a lot of people.
As a teenager I used to have the same problem.
Try out different anti-perspirants, and stick to mostly dark coloured tops if possible.

It may be just a hormonal thing, you could grow out of it.
Reply 6
Original post by black tea
Thompson Tees are American and quite difficult to get hold of in the UK, but there is a British company called Sweatshield (their undershirts are actually better than Thompson Tees as well). They are expensive but they do work for a lot of people.

Theyre not especially hard are they? You just go on Amazon et voila?
ill have a peek at those though, thanks :smile:
Original post by Napp
Theyre not especially hard are they? You just go on Amazon et voila?
ill have a peek at those though, thanks :smile:

You are right - in the past, you could only find ones for men on amazon whereas now they do seem to have the ones for women as well (I'm assuming OP is female). I would still recommend Sweatshield over Thomson Tee though.

Quick Reply

Latest