The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by zuluwarrior7650
Its draining my brain juices, srs answer pls.

An oxymoron if I've ever seen one.
Original post by gtty123
An oxymoron if I've ever seen one.

Fr tho i need answers, not oxes
Because most threads are centred around relationship trolls now.
Original post by 0ptics

Im on about the servers, the site doesnt work sometimes

Oh, right, I misread the title. No idea tbh. It’s probably the wifi..? :dontknow:

Yea I got a 503 from the "new questions" page yesterday, so maybe it's just server maintainence, or perhaps they're low on funding.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 0ptics
Oh, right, I misread the title. No idea tbh. It’s probably the wifi..? :dontknow:

the shadeeee
Original post by 0ptics

I’ve seen a change in strategy now, we’ve had many weight issue threads recently of questionable intention.

I think the TSR servers are just generally very old and in need of an update, but I’m the least techy person on this website so I don’t really have a clue why.
Reply 9
Yeah, they’re quite old. I genuinely don’t want TSR to fade away into oblivion though, it would be sad if it was due to a lack of funding.
It's not necessarily just the servers. TSR is quite an old version of vBulletin which has been suped up and modded beyond all recognition. It's kind of like a PS2 that is somehow running Warzone.

I would guess that the problems are the same old same old - TSR is yesterday's social media run on yesterday's software and is somehow still clinging to life. They've tried absolutely everything to try and monetize the site and the only thing that works is selling a fifth of the screen to google ads- and because traffic isn't what it was, there isn't the revenue or the willpower to migrate to something new. I would suspect that they're scared of doing so in case they invest heavily and the TSR just fails.

On those servers, tho - there's too much junk clogging up the forums due to poor management. They closed MHoC angering a whole bunch of people and made some lame excuses, and yet they have hundreds of pictures of Ainsley Harriot and other pointless spam games. That's all space on the servers just being wasted.
Original post by Trinculo
It's not necessarily just the servers. TSR is quite an old version of vBulletin which has been suped up and modded beyond all recognition. It's kind of like a PS2 that is somehow running Warzone.

I would guess that the problems are the same old same old - TSR is yesterday's social media run on yesterday's software and is somehow still clinging to life. They've tried absolutely everything to try and monetize the site and the only thing that works is selling a fifth of the screen to google ads- and because traffic isn't what it was, there isn't the revenue or the willpower to migrate to something new. I would suspect that they're scared of doing so in case they invest heavily and the TSR just fails.

On those servers, tho - there's too much junk clogging up the forums due to poor management. They closed MHoC angering a whole bunch of people and made some lame excuses, and yet they have hundreds of pictures of Ainsley Harriot and other pointless spam games. That's all space on the servers just being wasted.

@Rufus The Red @fish finger fan
Fr tho i need answers, not oxes

Oxes?

Ainsley is not a waste of space :mob:

Latest