The Student Room Group

Was anyone tall as a kid, but stopped growing and now short?

Has this happened to anyone else? In grade 5 I was a head taller than all my peers. I haven’t grown since then, and now those same kids tower over me.
Reply 1
My friend. He hit 5 foot 10 quite early on and just... stopped. It was bizarre to witness.
Yes, I was taller than most girls growing up, but now I'm just average.
Reply 3
Original post by gtty123
My friend. He hit 5 foot 10 quite early on and just... stopped. It was bizarre to witness.

Jeez. At least he’s somewhat normal height. When did he stop growing?
Reply 4
Original post by ForGiggles
Yes, I was taller than most girls growing up, but now I'm just average.

How tall are you?
me 💀 i wasn’t the tallest but i was still leaning towards the height of taller kids in later years of primary school to year 7 or 8, and now im one of the shortest in the year
Reply 6
Original post by Eric1010
Jeez. At least he’s somewhat normal height. When did he stop growing?

Year 8.
Reply 7
Me, for years I was the tallest then stopped around 5’8
well i remember measuring ourselves in year 3, i was 7 and i was 144cm which is very tall for a 7 year old. i was even taller than my brothers at that age. i was a small baby but still managed to grow a lot, i think i had an early growth spurt. i stopped growing at 11 probably at 5'6. so ye i was pretty tall at 11 as well. but now i'm not short, i'm just above average.
no, the opposite. I was the runt of the litter for the entirety of my childhood then grew to be average / taller :yep:
Reply 10
No. I used to be short, and I'm still short. Be glad you had even a little bit of glory :colonhash:
im in year 8, just 1 term left till year 9, I am 5 ft 1 and I am tall in my class. but people are starting to catch up. I hit a huge growth spurt last year growing 6 or 7 inches and I think my growth spurt is starting to come to a end. I been growing slowly ever since my growth spurt last year. btw which grade are you in currently?
Was average now short
Think people overtook me around year 11
181.5cm at 21 years old just want to hit 6 foot :rolleyes:
Reply 14
I’m currently in 12th grade. So very good chance I am done growing. I wrote this 9 months ago, and I am still the exact same height. When did you have your growth spurt? I know exactly what it’s like to go from being the tallest in your class, then slowly all your peers outgrow you.

Original post by Jai Jose
im in year 8, just 1 term left till year 9, I am 5 ft 1 and I am tall in my class. but people are starting to catch up. I hit a huge growth spurt last year growing 6 or 7 inches and I think my growth spurt is starting to come to a end. I been growing slowly ever since my growth spurt last year. btw which grade are you in currently?

Quick Reply

Latest