The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Official University of Manchester Postgraduate Thread 2022

Hi, I've noticed that there wasn't any thread for University of Manchester Postgraduate Applications, so I've decided to make one. I've applied for MEd Psychology of Education. Currently, I'm still waiting for UoM and UCL to reply :frown: have been waiting for long since I applied in Oct right after they had their admissions opened. Is there anyone who is also waiting for their offer(s)?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I applied for MSc Advanced Computer Science on the 6th of January. That includes the references. I'm also waiting on UCL, KCL and Oxford. I applied this month and the wait is already killing me, I can only imagine how you feel :poke:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hi, I received an offer for the MSc Quantitative Finance programme on January 14th. My application was submitted on November 19th.
Still waiting for offers from UCL, KCL, and Warwick.
Reply 3
Original post by stevenball
Hi, I applied for MSc Advanced Computer Science on the 6th of January. That includes the references. I'm also waiting on UCL, KCL and Oxford. I applied this month and the wait is already killing me, I can only imagine how you feel :poke:

Exactly. At least UCL has sent an email to inform the applicants for the delay days ago, probably bcoz many are emailing them to ask them when they can know the results... ... although they are telling us that there won't be any update for at least 2 weeks OMG! Guess you've received the same email. While Manchester has no update at all for the whole 3 months!
Reply 4
Original post by IndianPython
Hi, I received an offer for the MSc Quantitative Finance programme on January 14th. My application was submitted on November 19th.
Still waiting for offers from UCL, KCL, and Warwick.

Congratulations! It's less than a 2-month wait TT how lucky!
Reply 5
Hey! I received an offer for the MSc in Environmental Governance yesterday(28/01/22). I applied in the last week of November.
Reply 6
Hey, I applied for LLM General Law on the 18th of December and received my offer on the 28th of January, but I think the later the better because they give you a month to make your decision and I'm still waiting on UCL and LSE to make their decisions :/
Hiya, has anyone received any news on MSc International Management? Good luck everyone :smile:
Hi, I applied for MSc Marketing and received an offer on 1st of February. I was informed that they received my application on 15th of December. I also applied LSE and KCL.
Hey!

I submitted my application for the MSc International Development: Environment, Climate Change and Development on 29th Nov and received an offer by email on 10th December.

I don't know whether the course I applied to is a particularly uncompetitive one at UoM since I heard back so quickly. I received an offer from KCL (MSc Environment Politics and Development) too.

But best of luck guys with your applications!!
Original post by yashvishah23
Hey!

I submitted my application for the MSc International Development: Environment, Climate Change and Development on 29th Nov and received an offer by email on 10th December.

I don't know whether the course I applied to is a particularly uncompetitive one at UoM since I heard back so quickly. I received an offer from KCL (MSc Environment Politics and Development) too.

But best of luck guys with your applications!!

Congrats on your offer! Have you taken a decision between KCL and Manchester?
Original post by IndianPython
Congrats on your offer! Have you taken a decision between KCL and Manchester?

Not yet. I am still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh before I make any decisions, and I've just applied to one college in the United States too.

I have until 31st July to get back to Manchester, which is very helpful as it gives me time to evaluate all my options!
Original post by yashvishah23
Not yet. I am still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh before I make any decisions, and I've just applied to one college in the United States too.

I have until 31st July to get back to Manchester, which is very helpful as it gives me time to evaluate all my options!

You got time till 31st July? Wow that's fortunate, most of the programmes give 4-6 weeks to respond. Good luck with your other applications!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I've noticed that there wasn't any thread for University of Manchester Postgraduate Applications, so I've decided to make one. I've applied for MEd Psychology of Education. Currently, I'm still waiting for UoM and UCL to reply :frown: have been waiting for long since I applied in Oct right after they had their admissions opened. Is there anyone who is also waiting for their offer(s)?

Hi,
i have also applied for the MEd Psychology of Education at UoM and received my offer yesterday. I only applied 6 days before the offer came through so I am guessing that they are working through them at the moment
Hi,
i have also applied for the MEd Psychology of Education at UoM and received my offer yesterday. I only applied 6 days before the offer came through so I am guessing that they are working through them at the moment

Oh! Congratulations on your offer! I guess I'd be rejected most likely though because I applied in late October... ... May I know if you are a UK or international student? Will you accept the offer or have you chosen to study in another university?
Reply 15
I’m from Manchester so it’s pretty local for me. I have accepted the offer. Hope you hear soon 🤞🏼
Anyone applied for MSc Advanced Computer Science with the batched admissions and how long did it actually take to get an offer?
Anyone applied for MSc Advanced Computer Science with the batched admissions and how long did it actually take to get an offer?

Hi, I applied for MSc Advanced Computer Science. I submitted my application on the 7th of January, but I still haven't received a decision yet. According to their website, I should hear from them by the 11th of March since they operate a staged admissions. I hope we both get in!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by stevenball
Hi, I applied for MSc Advanced Computer Science. I submitted my application on the 7th of January, but I still haven't received a decision yet. According to their website, I should hear from them by the 11th of March since they operate a staged admissions. I hope we both get in!

I applied to this program too. I'm also in the same batch as yours. My application status now is 'Under consideration'. Hope we will hear good news from them soon!
Original post by Asyhr98
I applied to this program too. I'm also in the same batch as yours. My application status now is 'Under consideration'. Hope we will hear good news from them soon!

My application status changed to 'Under consideration' too. I applied to the same course in 2019 and received a rejection. Hopefully it'll be different this time. Good luck on your application!

Quick Reply