The Student Room Group

A level Physics

I have no idea what course i would like to do in university…but potentially thinking about doing astrophysics, however i do not do A level maths. I only do A level: chemistry, biology and physics. However in a level physics i am finding the maths pretty easy so far.

Does anyone know any universities that would accept me without doing a level maths?
Original post by _ellielouise
I have no idea what course i would like to do in university…but potentially thinking about doing astrophysics, however i do not do A level maths. I only do A level: chemistry, biology and physics. However in a level physics i am finding the maths pretty easy so far.

Does anyone know any universities that would accept me without doing a level maths?

No, you 100% need to do maths for anything physics-based at university, and preferable FM too.

Could you pick A level maths up now with the support of a tutor or your college? It's still do-able, albeit a fair amount of work.
Or she might be able to do A Level Maths in a year after finishing her A Levels depending on which college she's at and if she'll qualify for funding. :wink:
Original post by Reality Check
No, you 100% need to do maths for anything physics-based at university, and preferable FM too.

Could you pick A level maths up now with the support of a tutor or your college? It's still do-able, albeit a fair amount of work.

unfortunately not, i can’t stand a level maths, i got 7 at gcse maths. I was good but not amazing at the subject. It’s fine, i guess i’ll have to keep looking for courses:smile: thanks for your reply.
Original post by Reality Check

i’m not desperate to do physics in a level, was just considering . but cause i do all three sciences i do have quite a few options to choose from which is good ahah

You could look at a degree with a Foundation year - there's a lot of maths in Astrophysics though so would you really enjoy it?
Original post by Muttley79
You could look at a degree with a Foundation year - there's a lot of maths in Astrophysics though so would you really enjoy it?

yes that is true, just i have NO IDEA what to do
yes that is true, just i have NO IDEA what to do

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/a-level-explorer/biology/chemistry/physics?o=012

Any of these unexpected matches to your A levels appeal?

Quick Reply

Latest