The Student Room Group

Official Canadian Universities Applicants Thread 2022

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University in Canada for 2022! :woo:

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What courses/Universities are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am applying for cs at Waterloo, UoT, McGill and UBC. My stats are 3 A* preds in math bio chem and IGCSE 5A* in math bio chem physics arabic and 2B in english and PE. I have a decent amount of ECAs, I played for my school's football, volleyball and basketball team for so many years (5+) I will be sitting euclid this april hopefully last year was not possible because of national lockdown.
What are my chances of getting in?
does anyone know the average ib requirement for ubc and UofT?
I'm thinking to apply to business degree for both of them but I'm not sure what grade is considered to be eligible to get accepted from both.
Bc both unis say you have to get 24 points but I just wonder 24 is prob not enough to get into there. So, what predicted grades do I actually have to get?
I feel like I'll get like 30 to 35 points range. Do you think this is low possibility?
I'm currently worried about my chances of getting into Biochemistry (BSc) at the University of Toronto, UBC and McGill.

My IGCSE grades are BBBCCC; I transferred schools, skipped a grade and changed the language of instruction, my attendance rate at that time was at around 50% due to illnesses, and I was only 14 when I finished my IGCSEs, which resulted in me also being the youngest graduate in the history of my school. However, my final A-level grades are A*A*A. Great extracurriculars. What do you think about my chances of getting into any of these universities?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ouroborosmt
I'm currently worried about my chances of getting into Biochemistry (BSc) at the University of Toronto, UBC and McGill.

My IGCSE grades are BBBCCC; I transferred schools, skipped a grade and changed the language of instruction, my attendance rate at that time was at around 50% due to illnesses, and I was only 14 when I finished my GCSEs, which resulted in me also being the youngest graduate in the history of my school. However, my final A-level grades are A*A*A. Great extracurriculars. What do you think about my chances of getting into any of these universities?

why did you do GCSEs at 14?
Just curious but what are everyone's reasons for wanting to study in Canada? I initially wanted to because of nearby family and new experiences but getting onto my course looked incredibly difficult :frown:.
Original post by nostxlgic
Just curious but what are everyone's reasons for wanting to study in Canada? I initially wanted to because of nearby family and new experiences but getting onto my course looked incredibly difficult :frown:.

what course and uni?
Original post by Anonymous
what course and uni?

Vet med at any aha plus most unis were far from family i.e. in other provinces
Vet med at any aha plus most unis were far from family i.e. in other provinces

have you already got a degree or are you coming from A levels?
have you already got a degree or are you coming from A levels?

am doing my A levels this year!
oh I thought in North American unis vet med was only available as a post graduate course? what are your A level subjects and predicted, where have you applied?
oh I thought in North American unis vet med was only available as a post graduate course? what are your A level subjects and predicted, where have you applied?

I didn't quite understand the entry requirements to be honest, and yeh to me it looked like I needed a degree to apply so I just gave up aha and it looked very expensive, although I was planning on applying for citizenship which didn't look too difficult and I think it would have meant I don't pay international fees? I'm predicted A*AA in maths chem and bio and I only applied for UK unis :smile:
why did you do GCSEs at 14?

As I said, skipped grades, transferred schools. life ig
(edited 2 years ago)
I applied to Western, UofT and UBC with offers from Western & UofT already. Does anyone know if UofT offers are unconditional? They've said i have to keep up my current academic standing (I applied with A*A*A) but I'm not sure if I'd still be let in if i dropped a few grades
Original post by kaaaaatttee
I applied to Western, UofT and UBC with offers from Western & UofT already. Does anyone know if UofT offers are unconditional? They've said i have to keep up my current academic standing (I applied with A*A*A) but I'm not sure if I'd still be let in if i dropped a few grades

i saw something on the website saying your offer would be based on your achieved GCSE grades? i'm not sure how accurate that is though.
well done though!!!
also...
what did you apply for and when did you apply for UofT? how long did it take for you to hear back?? what were your gcse grades?
Original post by robertafaladee
i saw something on the website saying your offer would be based on your achieved GCSE grades? i'm not sure how accurate that is though.
well done though!!!
also...
what did you apply for and when did you apply for UofT? how long did it take for you to hear back?? what were your gcse grades?

arts & science at st george

gcses 999888776

applied dec 9 heard back jan 21

i’m a domestic student because of my dual nationality (still applied from the uk with 105 though) so not sure if that changes anything

their offer system is so confusing! im hoping since there were no specifics it’s more or less unconditional because even the info on their website seems to be conflicting
I've applied to Carleton University in BSc Physics:Astrophysics stream. However, since I'm a private candidate, I don't have predicted A Level grades and the only grades I have is my GCSE/IGCSE.. Any idea on what I would have to do?
Original post by daylight08
I've applied to Carleton University in BSc Physics:Astrophysics stream. However, since I'm a private candidate, I don't have predicted A Level grades and the only grades I have is my GCSE/IGCSE.. Any idea on what I would have to do?

they usually have an email address specifically for admissions questions i would probably just ask them
Original post by kaaaaatttee
arts & science at st george

gcses 999888776

applied dec 9 heard back jan 21

i’m a domestic student because of my dual nationality (still applied from the uk with 105 though) so not sure if that changes anything

their offer system is so confusing! im hoping since there were no specifics it’s more or less unconditional because even the info on their website seems to be conflicting

well done that's amazing!!
i'm sending in my trinity college applicant profile sometime this week so I'll update you!!
Reply 19

It's cheaper to study in Canada and the education is good. Im Canadian studying at Laurentian University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending