The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why is it so surprising that people from foreign countries go to uni?
Reply 2
because my family or other people haven’t gone by studying the traditional way (or they struggled so they couldn’t) but these foreign people managed to get themselves into uni
Original post by Anon346775
because my family or other people haven’t gone by studying the traditional way (or they struggled so they couldn’t) but these foreign people managed to get themselves into uni

So you are saying that you family is better than "these foreign people"? Aren't you a lovely person...
Reply 4
no as in my family who was born here aren’t intelligent enough to go so how do these people go?
no as in my family who was born here aren’t intelligent enough to go so how do these people go?

Perhaps they are more intelligent than your family?
Reply 6
some people say you don’t need to be intelligent to go
some people say you don’t need to be intelligent to go

But that's not what you just said

so you mean countries outside of the uk aren’t intelligent and don’t study in a traditional way?
Reply 9
Original post by aaamilah
so you mean countries outside of the uk aren’t intelligent and don’t study in a traditional way?

as in they don’t study A levels or BTECs, that is the traditional way to go to uni
as in they don’t study A levels or BTECs, that is the traditional way to go to uni

They study other exams, some of which may well be harder than A Levels and BTECS.
Reply 11

A levels and BTECs aren’t the only qualifications that can get you into university. They’re not even the only UK qualifications that you can do to get in.
Original post by jayls
A levels and BTECs aren’t the only qualifications that can get you into university. They’re not even the only UK qualifications that you can do to get in.

well you can do access courses
Reply 13

That's my point. There are many ways into university without A levels and BTECs, so why are you surprised people from other countries are getting in without them?

UK universities will be able to equate international qualifications to A levels. So for example the International Baccalaureate equivalent of AAA would be 6,6,6 at Higher Level. So people can apply with a whole range of school-leaving certificates.
Why do you feel that you can't go to uni?
Original post by booklover1313
UK universities will be able to equate international qualifications to A levels. So for example the International Baccalaureate equivalent of AAA would be 6,6,6 at Higher Level. So people can apply with a whole range of school-leaving certificates.
Why do you feel that you can't go to uni?

maybe I am not intelligent enough?

Maybe you are not. University isn't for everyone.

Are you still at school? What do your teachers think? Uni isn't the right path for everyone.
Original post by booklover1313
Are you still at school? What do your teachers think? Uni isn't the right path for everyone.

nope I am looking into apprenticeships and instead of law which is rare and really far away I am looking at business admin. Maybe I can get a degree with minimal studying.
Maybe I can get a degree with minimal studying.

unlikely

Latest

Trending

Trending