The Student Room Group

Centre Number and Start Date

Trying to add my education and the college I went to isn't on the list and I don't know the centre number or when my start/end date was? Do they have to be exact? I've got no clue!
Original post by thehollowman
Trying to add my education and the college I went to isn't on the list and I don't know the centre number or when my start/end date was? Do they have to be exact? I've got no clue!

Why don’t you know the dates you attended? That shouldn’t be difficult to find out.

Was your college in the UK? Many non UK colleges won’t have a centre number.

The centre number is used by the exam boards to match your results to your records. It’s important to get it right.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by PQ
Why don’t you know the dates you attended? That shouldn’t be difficult to find out.

The centre number is used by the exam boards to match your results to your records. It’s important to get it right.

I just dont know the exact dates the course started and finished as it was in 2019/20.

It was in the UK however we were never told the centre number as we never did the exams.
I just dont know the exact dates the course started and finished as it was in 2019/20.

It was in the UK however we were never told the centre number as we never did the exams.

If you don’t know the exact dates then put the 1 of the month.

If it was an exam centre in the UK then it will be on the ucas list if you search.
Original post by PQ

Original post by PQ
If you don’t know the exact dates then put the 1 of the month.

If it was an exam centre in the UK then it will be on the ucas list if you search.

That's what I thought. But when I put in the name of my college it doesn't come up, so what am I meant to do? The Secondary school I attended shows up.

That's what I thought. But when I put in the name of my college it doesn't come up, so what am I meant to do? The Secondary school I attended shows up.

Try a different search term. It will be there.

If it’s part of a consortium or academy trust or similar then the official name might not be the one you’re searching for.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by PQ
Try a different search term. It will be there.

If it’s part of a consortium or academy trust or similar then the official name might not be the one you’re searching for.

I don't know what to put in. It's neither of those and I've tried their partner training place and that doesn't come up either
Some schools are listed as 'The ....' or by another longer name.
If you can't find it, phone UCAS on Monday or talk to your school - its important to enter the code correctly as this can sometimes influence if you are eligible for a Contextual offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending