The Student Room Group

Activision has been taken over by microsoft

You read correctly Microsoft now owns Activision, along with IP rights for 2 of the franchises which made the original PlayStation, insomniac and naughty dog huge: Crash bandicoot and Spyro the dragon

Scroll to see replies

Activision blizzard that is. So CoD, WoW, OW, Diablo all go to xbox

Edit: and pc of course
(edited 2 years ago)
Finally all the years-old CODs will stop being ridiculously priced and now free on Game Pass.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ozzyoscy
Finally all the years-old CODs will stop being ridiculously priced and now free on Game Pass.

I don't understand how that would work. Would it not be free on PC and Xbox but not Ps?
Original post by user432
I don't understand how that would work. Would it not be free on PC and Xbox but not Ps?

Game Pass is Microsoft, so as you said.
(edited 2 years ago)
this is all hinging on the regulators approving this, as they may say no as they are worried about monopoly's ect
Reply 6
Original post by ozzyoscy
Game Pass is Microsoft, so as you said.

can they do that tho? make ps the only platform to pay for the game lmao
Original post by user432

Well they own the game now.
I don't know how I should feel about this. Activision sucks and it's great to see them go, on the other hand, microsoft doesn't have that great of a track record with their previous purchase of gaming assets.
Original post by hungrysalamander
I don't know how I should feel about this. Activision sucks and it's great to see them go, on the other hand, microsoft doesn't have that great of a track record with their previous purchase of gaming assets.

It's not that bad. They did great things with mojang.
I hope they don't pull a EA: Bullfrog
As long as Microsoft utilize the franchises they own and don't just leave them on the backburner, this acquisition should benefit everyone
Original post by quasa
You read correctly Microsoft now owns Activision, along with IP rights for 2 of the franchises which made the original PlayStation, insomniac and naughty dog huge: Crash bandicoot and Spyro the dragon

I know this publisher very well, thanks to Crash and Spyro. Waht a pity that it is over with such great games. They made Activision once big.
Original post by NintenXP
As long as Microsoft utilize the franchises they own and don't just leave them on the backburner, this acquisition should benefit everyone

Cod is here stay so no worries that side
Original post by Sabertooth
I hope they don't pull a EA: Bullfrog

Why do you think such a game comes true? Bull-**** games from EA already exists.
Original post by quasa
Cod is here stay so no worries that side

Thank god, I was so worried :yeah:
Original post by user432

You'll still have to pay on Xbox/PC... The only difference is that you'll likely be able to get access to the games through Microsoft's Game Pass. You're not getting it free on Xbox/PC, you'll get it as part of a subscription service.
Original post by quasa

Could be the end of playstation's dominance. I don't like how it is all just to beef up Xbox's game pass. I don't like the general direction of digital media being distributed through subscriptions. You will own nothing and be happy, as they say.
Original post by Pegasus25
Could be the end of playstation's dominance. I don't like how it is all just to beef up Xbox's game pass. I don't like the general direction of digital media being distributed through subscriptions. You will own nothing and be happy, as they say.

Sony is known to be merging psnow and plus and doing similar to gamepass. What is interesting are rumoirs that they may be bundling crunchyroll and funimation membership with it
Original post by TheMcSame
You'll still have to pay on Xbox/PC... The only difference is that you'll likely be able to get access to the games through Microsoft's Game Pass. You're not getting it free on Xbox/PC, you'll get it as part of a subscription service.

Which is being given away for free or $1 to everyone because the aim is to wean the market off consoles and onto using any screen.

Quick Reply

Latest