The Student Room Group

What can I do that I can improve my chance of getting a new boyfriend from dating sev

My luck with guys so far hasn't been great tbh. met on Facebook, the second guy that also met on Facebook, texting and Mistake about asking the date that did plan out but didn't happen because it got on Facebook. I knew that second guy was attracted to me but why would I waste my time on the guy that is attracted but I don't see a point of being friends like that? I just want to try an online dating service for adults with learning disabilities.
Reply 1
Original post by CandacePerry
My luck with guys so far hasn't been great tbh. met on Facebook, the second guy that also met on Facebook, texting and Mistake about asking the date that did plan out but didn't happen because it got on Facebook. I knew that second guy was attracted to me but why would I waste my time on the guy that is attracted but I don't see a point of being friends like that? I just want to try an online dating service for adults with learning disabilities.

Well i can't suggest you about any app or website but i wanna ask you why you're using online platform. Yeah i know its modern but people just hide there real side on these platforms. its easy for them to impersonate themselves to be someone else or just trying to be someone else rather than being themselves. I believe most have the mindset that if its worked out this way its good they'll have fun but if didn't then whats the harm will find someone else. Best to find someone who you can understand in-person.
Original post by aryansri
Well i can't suggest you about any app or website but i wanna ask you why you're using online platform. Yeah i know its modern but people just hide there real side on these platforms. its easy for them to impersonate themselves to be someone else or just trying to be someone else rather than being themselves. I believe most have the mindset that if its worked out this way its good they'll have fun but if didn't then whats the harm will find someone else. Best to find someone who you can understand in-person.

that the promblem i can't find guys in real life too since they already has a girfriend or no instersted of having a relationship . I also has two dates canled from two diffenent guys . i run out of opiton and think that dating sevice has events for people that has a learning disabties .
that the promblem i can't find guys in real life too since they already has a girfriend or no instersted of having a relationship . I also has two dates canled from two diffenent guys . i run out of opiton and think that dating sevice has events for people that has a learning disabties .

I'm in the same situation. I've been on many dating websites for many years. I've paid for memberships too. Never had any success. Online websites usually doesn't work people don't take it serious. Try a library or church or even a pub. You might have more luck.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by username5889199
I'm in the same situation. I've been on many dating websites for many years. I've paid for memberships too. Never had any success. Online websites usually doesn't work people don't take it serious. Try a library or church or even a pub. You might have more luck.

first thing i can't tried church or pub because they also going to have very less serious people there . the pub that will always going to get drunked people that are more likey to cheat . the chrurch are some going to be abuser people there . I am not looking for mainstream men i can only date men with a learning disabties and will not found them in pub or the church .
(edited 2 years ago)
Do it naturally , your time will come when its right
and it will be worth waiting for
Reply 6

see I am not gonna be philosophical with you by saying right guy will come at right time and blahh blahh blahh. Because saying such things is way more easy then experiencing it and this is from my personal experience waiting for things to happen will eventually lead us to nowhere. Just be open with your options dont restrict yourself to online dating .
I'll give you an idea that has always worked for me with girls, write out things that you love doing and explore those things on your own. For instance ,let say you love hanging out in comedy clubs. But this time when you go there don't just enjoy the show observe other people also. Understand one thing over here, people over here share a common interest with you that is watching stand ups. If you see someone worth trying just initiate a conversation . But dont talk about random things or relationships ,instead what you love about these clubs , stand up comedy , listen their views and don't be desperate just show you're there to enjoy the show and nothing else.
This is just to give you a glimpse , you can do this in a library as well . Trust me
Let me know how it goes
see I am not gonna be philosophical with you by saying right guy will come at right time and blahh blahh blahh. Because saying such things is way more easy then experiencing it and this is from my personal experience waiting for things to happen will eventually lead us to nowhere. Just be open with your options dont restrict yourself to online dating .
I'll give you an idea that has always worked for me with girls, write out things that you love doing and explore those things on your own. For instance ,let say you love hanging out in comedy clubs. But this time when you go there don't just enjoy the show observe other people also. Understand one thing over here, people over here share a common interest with you that is watching stand ups. If you see someone worth trying just initiate a conversation . But dont talk about random things or relationships ,instead what you love about these clubs , stand up comedy , listen their views and don't be desperate just show you're there to enjoy the show and nothing else.
This is just to give you a glimpse , you can do this in a library as well . Trust me
Let me know how it goes

My mum will not let me go and meet guys through clubs or any type of club . has a be special learning disabties group or club that only type of thing that i am allow to go .since my mum only allow me to date men with a learning disabties and also run out of opiton of men .also has 9 ex boyfriends.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
My mum will not let me go and meet guys through clubs or any type of club . has a be special learning disabties group or club that only type of thing that i am allow to go .since my mum only allow me to date men with a learning disabties and also run out of opiton of men .also has 9 ex boyfriends.

Hey don't let your past define your present. And I know your mom is just being protective of you but have you realized this maybe the kind of man you're looking or someone who'll be interested in you doesn't belong to the learning disability group however you've restricted your choices so much that your not able to find someone in it. Just think you'll have more choices . And I'm insisting you to go places of your interest because then you can meet someone who share the same interest and you'll have something to talk initially. I have 4 ex girlfriends . One got married one still in touch and other two moved on. But that doesnt make me unworthy or them. We need to give attention and care to us first then only others will do the same.
Talk with your mother try to explain her that you want to explore your options you want to try .Because you don't want to feel regret 4-5 years down the line , thinking that if you had courage to talk to your mother you would have met someone better or suppose there is someone(who's looking for you), and goes to that amazing place that you always wanted to go but you can't convince your mother hence you're unable to meet him.
Hey don't let your past define your present. And I know your mom is just being protective of you but have you realized this maybe the kind of man you're looking or someone who'll be interested in you doesn't belong to the learning disability group however you've restricted your choices so much that your not able to find someone in it. Just think you'll have more choices . And I'm insisting you to go places of your interest because then you can meet someone who share the same interest and you'll have something to talk initially. I have 4 ex girlfriends . One got married one still in touch and other two moved on. But that doesnt make me unworthy or them. We need to give attention and care to us first then only others will do the same.
Talk with your mother try to explain her that you want to explore your options you want to try .Because you don't want to feel regret 4-5 years down the line , thinking that if you had courage to talk to your mother you would have met someone better or suppose there is someone(who's looking for you), and goes to that amazing place that you always wanted to go but you can't convince your mother hence you're unable to meet him.

that the isuse i already tried to talk about wanting to expore thing but she ended with making up thing and worst thing she always argue with me more and more each time i tried to talk . she too stubblon and will not listen to me what so ever . even when to ikea and she didn't listen to me once that i was looking a the map of the store . about public toilets that were no public toilets at the end is the entrance has be closed of. talking do not nothing but give me more negtive attetion also go on about take advantage of my vulnerability that i alll the times . yet i get unwanted men attetion all the time but always men without the learnin disabties they always unwanted attetion . yep my mum also do the silent treatment only to me .
(edited 2 years ago)
that the isuse i already tried to talk about wanting to expore thing but she ended with making up thing and worst thing she always argue with me more and more each time i tried to talk . she too stubblon and will not listen to me what so ever . even when to ikea and she didn't listen to me once that i was looking a the map of the store . about public toilets that were no public toilets at the end is the entrance has be closed of. talking do not nothing but give me more negtive attetion also go on about take advantage of my vulnerability that i alll the times . yet i get unwanted men attetion all the time but always men without the learnin disabties they always unwanted attetion . yep my mum also do the silent treatment only to me .

see I understand your issue over here . don't show your mom that you're arguing with her . be it like you're just putting your point of view and explain her that instead of being so much protective she should support you in your choices because it's your time and age and this is the time you will learn.
Tell her how when she was of your age her parents used to support her or if they didn't supported her then say try to remember how much she wanted her parents to support her in all those decisions. Make her realize how much this is important to you. It's about your whole life and you can't just sit around and wait for the right person to come in your life . Also say to her you're from 21st century , you are more capable more technology friendly and updated about everything going around and just because of the fear of meeting a wrong person , you can not limit your happiness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending