The Student Room Group

Ask student finance

Hi,
I have applied for Occupational Therapy and I know that I am eligible for the NHS bursary fund which is 5k a year
I am also eligible for DSA allowance but am unsure if I would get this due to NHS bursary - could you please tell me if this is the case
Thank you :smile:
Original post by sunsetlover321
Hi,
I have applied for Occupational Therapy and I know that I am eligible for the NHS bursary fund which is 5k a year
I am also eligible for DSA allowance but am unsure if I would get this due to NHS bursary - could you please tell me if this is the case
Thank you :smile:

Hi, from your post I think you mean the new NHS Grant, not the bursary.

If you receive the 5k NHS Grant then your student finance is not affected.
If you receive an NHS Bursary then your student finance will be affected.

If you are unsure if the funding is the NHS bursary or NHS grant then I advise you to speak to the NHS or your university. As you are a new student, it should be the grant as the bursary has been phased out.

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, from your post I think you mean the new NHS Grant, not the bursary.

If you receive the 5k NHS Grant then your student finance is not affected.
If you receive an NHS Bursary then your student finance will be affected.

If you are unsure if the funding is the NHS bursary or NHS grant then I advise you to speak to the NHS or your university. As you are a new student, it should be the grant as the bursary has been phased out.

Thanks, Isaac

Sorry I meant the NHS bursary fund - I know that I could get DSA and am unsure if I could get DSA alongside the NHS busary fund?
Original post by sunsetlover321
Sorry I meant the NHS bursary fund - I know that I could get DSA and am unsure if I could get DSA alongside the NHS busary fund?

Are you sure it's the old NHS Bursary and not the new NHS Grant because you mentioned 5k which would be the grant.

I advise you to contact your university to make 100% sure because if you do receive the NHS bursary not the NHS grant then your funding will be affected.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending