The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary OPA interview for English

I have my interview on the 26th and I was wondering what questions they ask? Most posts have been quite vague, saying they ask about your personal statement but I’d like to know the specifics. Also it’s a telephone interview so I’m assuming they won’t make me analyse any texts lmao. The course is with a Year Abroad so would it be safe to assume they’ll ask me about that too? (I actually don’t wanna do the Year Abroad anymore so if I end up going there I’m gonna withdraw from that part of the programme lol)
General comments only please - no info about specific questions, task or tests.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by kaxxxxc2
I have my interview on the 26th and I was wondering what questions they ask? Most posts have been quite vague, saying they ask about your personal statement but I’d like to know the specifics. Also it’s a telephone interview so I’m assuming they won’t make me analyse any texts lmao. The course is with a Year Abroad so would it be safe to assume they’ll ask me about that too? (I actually don’t wanna do the Year Abroad anymore so if I end up going there I’m gonna withdraw from that part of the programme lol)

How'd you manage to get an interview over the phone? I'm from northern ireland and idk if i have to go over to london to do it or if i can do it online or on the phone
Reply 3
They cancelled their in person interviews because of COVID so they rescheduled for the 26th. I got an email saying they’ve rescheduled. Did you not get one?
Reply 4
i’ve already replied to this but it’s not coming up so i’m replying again. if you’ve seen the first reply, ignore this one lol. anyways, they cancelled their interviews because of COVID and sent me an email saying they’ve rescheduled for the 26th. You should have got one too. Though i don’t know if they cancelled interviews for everyone or only some people so that there are few people doing in-person interviews. Maybe email them and tell them that you’re unable to attend because you’re in another country and it’s difficult to travel with COVID going on so you want a phone interview.
Reply 5
Original post by kaxxxxc2
i’ve already replied to this but it’s not coming up so i’m replying again. if you’ve seen the first reply, ignore this one lol. anyways, they cancelled their interviews because of COVID and sent me an email saying they’ve rescheduled for the 26th. You should have got one too. Though i don’t know if they cancelled interviews for everyone or only some people so that there are few people doing in-person interviews. Maybe email them and tell them that you’re unable to attend because you’re in another country and it’s difficult to travel with COVID going on so you want a phone interview.

I only received my OPA interview invite like 2 days ago for the 12/2/22 so I have no idea. Im going to email them now thanks tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending