The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Applying for Contextual offer

I'm applying for Uni of Leeds through Access to Leeds, to get lowered entry requirements, but I'm confused by this question:
'Which Access to Leeds criteria do you think you meet and why?'

It's the 'and why?' bit that's confusing me, does it want me to explain why I'm in that situation? Does anyone Know what I should say? Any help would be very appreciated.
Original post by fergferg
I'm applying for Uni of Leeds through Access to Leeds, to get lowered entry requirements, but I'm confused by this question:
'Which Access to Leeds criteria do you think you meet and why?'

It's the 'and why?' bit that's confusing me, does it want me to explain why I'm in that situation? Does anyone Know what I should say? Any help would be very appreciated.

Hi there.

I vaguely recall access to Leeds criteria. So for why you could include your rough household income, your parents/ immediate families level of education, data from ONS on progression to further education in your area etc.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

I vaguely recall access to Leeds criteria. So for why you could include your rough household income, your parents/ immediate families level of education, data from ONS on progression to further education in your area etc.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes.

Hi,
Thank you for your response. I have written which criteria I meet but the 'why' bit made me feel like I have to have some kind of explanation for meeting this criteria.
Original post by fergferg
Hi,
Thank you for your response. I have written which criteria I meet but the 'why' bit made me feel like I have to have some kind of explanation for meeting this criteria.

Do you have extra space in the box to fill in if so just tick the relevant box and provide a brief explanation.

E.g. For This applicant’s studies have been disrupted or adversely affected by circumstances in their personal, social or domestic lives.*

Briefly explain your circumstances, when it happened and how it affected your education e.g. it could have affected your mental health significantly so you missed a lot of school so were behind on content.
Reply 4
Original post by TriplexA
Do you have extra space in the box to fill in if so just tick the relevant box and provide a brief explanation.

E.g. For This applicant’s studies have been disrupted or adversely affected by circumstances in their personal, social or domestic lives.*

Briefly explain your circumstances, when it happened and how it affected your education e.g. it could have affected your mental health significantly so you missed a lot of school so were behind on content.

There isn't any boxes to tick and there is a box for my tutor to fill which says "Brief description of the nature, timescale and impact of the disruption on the student’s studies:", but I do understand what you're saying, I think I'll do that. thank you very much

Quick Reply