The Student Room Group

Rodent Radio Reviews 📻

Hello :music:

I started a new job recently and the background noise in the office is a selection of various radio channels (greatest hits, virgin radio etc).

Some better than others, the worst offender of all time being Smooth radio....

Between periods of high concentration I tune back in to the background noise around me and sometimes it is a tune, other times less so :nooo:

I can take or leave music really, I don't have a particular favourite artist or band I just like a few songs each from various people/groups. Ranging from things like Marilyn Manson to the odd Britney bop :danceboy:

With that in mind I have decided to set up CavyFM where I rate 2 songs each week day of what has been on the radio that day and were particularly memorable (for better or worse :afraid:)

*this is all tongue in cheek - I really enjoy my job and the dulcet tones of smooth radio is a sacrifice I can live with :biggrin:

People who may enjoy this suffering (aka tags):

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Such a cute pic :h: I love the idea of CavyFM (though I still love Smooth Radio :woo: )

Persephone and Pals are looking forward to this too :yep: :colone: :penguinhug:
Best of today:

This absolute belter came on today and I thoroughly enjoyed myself for 4 consecutive minutes.

The silence is not enjoyable when it is broken by smooth radio :emo:

9/10

Worst of today:

This follows me even outside of work, I go into a shop and it is playing. All. The. Time

Please just say the sentence there is no need to extend the word easy by 1000 minutes whilst going up and down like an oscilloscope.

2/10 since I appreciate the skill it takes to sing like that it's just an insanely annoying song :colonhash:

(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Such a cute pic :h: I love the idea of CavyFM (though I still love Smooth Radio :woo: )

Persephone and Pals are looking forward to this too :yep: :colone: :penguinhug:

Why thank you TLG (and persephone) :penguinhug:

I will be sure to review an ABBA song when one comes on next :colone:
prsom
Love this :awesome: BBC Radio 2 has some bops :colondollar:
Absolute 80’s for sure:h:
Reply 6
Love this! Am definitely watching this :awesome:
Reply 7
Hahaha I am bang into this!
watching this :ahee:
One of my fave Depeche mode songs yass
I also like precious and people are people :yy:
Original post by CoolCavy
Why thank you TLG (and persephone) :penguinhug:

I will be sure to review an ABBA song when one comes on next :colone:

Hello Cavy :wavey:

Persephone here! TLG says she is Very Excited that you may review an ABBA song. (I am Less Excited, as I don't like ABBA :nope: )

We have not heard Either Of The Songs you have posted yesterday, so will Give Them A Listen now :yep:

PtTP :penguinhug:
Best of today:
There were quite a few good songs today (better things get played on a friday) but this banger takes the top spot even if it is a guilty pleasure. Back when Tik Tok was a song not a cringey app

8/10

Worst of today:
This song is so damn annoying. It is repeated so frequently (I had heard it even before I started at my new place) and the vocals are as abrasive as #80 grit sandpaper being rubbed together. The word is also wiTHout not wiout :angry:

3/10 since i still prefer this to adele

(edited 2 years ago)
Smooth radio was on all day today :dong: luckily I was very busy so I could block it out a bit :wink:

There was an abba song on but I couldn't tell you what it was :colondollar: Sorry TLG :getmecoat: I'll try to remember the lyrics next time :getmecoat:

Considering smooth was on all day there was a couple of decent songs (by a couple I mean like 2...)

Best of today:
I've heard this before and don't actually mind it, I quite like it - not to the point of wanting to hear it regularly but don't mind it now and again

6/10

Worst of today:
I've also heard this one before....multiple times :indiff: the place I used to work at last, back when I was in the factory not the office there - used to have this on constantly. However because the machinery was so loud you couldn't really hear anything about from a piercing screech every now and again.
It does actually sound better when listened to at the proper volume however it still drives me nuts.

-2/10

I'm enjoying this Cavy :smile:

Esprit (who for anyone reading is an elephant, so naturally dislikes rodents) has a present for you to review:
https://youtu.be/XSdvYy39fmQ

:colone:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
Esprit (who for anyone reading is an elephant, so naturally dislikes rodents) has a present for you to review:
https://youtu.be/XSdvYy39fmQ

:colone:

This ought to come with a trigger warning :rofl: :headfire: :hide:

Original post by CoolCavy
Smooth radio was on all day today :dong: luckily I was very busy so I could block it out a bit :wink:

There was an abba song on but I couldn't tell you what it was :colondollar: Sorry TLG :getmecoat: I'll try to remember the lyrics next time :getmecoat:

Considering smooth was on all day there was a couple of decent songs (by a couple I mean like 2...)

Best of today:
I've heard this before and don't actually mind it, I quite like it - not to the point of wanting to hear it regularly but don't mind it now and again

6/10

Worst of today:
I've also heard this one before....multiple times :indiff: the place I used to work at last, back when I was in the factory not the office there - used to have this on constantly. However because the machinery was so loud you couldn't really hear anything about from a piercing screech every now and again.
It does actually sound better when listened to at the proper volume however it still drives me nuts.

-2/10

:frown: about the ABBA song :frown: Though it says a lot that you knew it was ABBA without knowing what the song was. Proves they have a distinctive sound :smug:

OMG, I haven't heard that first one in YEARS. DECADES, maybe, even :shakecane:

My fave Whitney song :redface:
Thanks for the comments everyone :biggrin: Glad you are all enjoying this :headbang:

Sorry that I don't always reply to everyone :colondollar: They make me smile nonetheless (well maybe not you espirit.... :shifty:)

Best of today:
There were 4 contenders today, Green Day almost won - had they played American Idiot it would have done
I put this as my number 1 today just because it's a bop and a mood lifter :danceboy:
Not all of my top picks will be nostalgic 2000s/2010s songs but sometimes you just can't deny the ear worm

8/10

Worst of today:
I absolutely despise this, for some reason it is heralded as some really emotional, deep song :colonhash:

If someone started singing 'better days are coming' when I'm down I would yeet them across the Irish Sea. It's so patronising and annoying, even more annoying when it's played all the time

-2/10

Best of today:

10/10

Worst of today:

Tones and Die

-5/10

Another whole day of Smooth radio :nuts:

Best of today:
The bar was set pretty low today but this one was the best out of a bad bunch. It's a bit shrieky for my liking but it is passable

4/10

Worst of today:
The sha la las are just really irritating. I feel like I should be in a cornfield with a piece of straw sticking out of my mouth every time it comes on

2/10

TLG is Very Sad that her Fave ABBA Song only gets 4/10 :sadnod: :nopity: :tongue:

Keep going, Cavy :woo:

PtTP :penguinhug:

Quick Reply

Latest