The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Postgraduate Applicants 2022 Thread

Hi, i've realized there's only one official thread for applicants which is not for postgraduates. So i decided to create a thread specifically for postgraduates to make it easier for us to have a discussion and talk about offers. (Moderators please delete this if there is another official one present for postgraduates)

Lets start with:
Country Status
Course Applied for
Application submission date
Offer/Waitlist/No offer
Any communication received etc

Hoping that this will help all of us. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I just had my online interview for UCL on 17th Jan, so I’m hoping to hear back soon from them on whether I’m being offered a place or not as I’ve just been given an offer from Bath and have limited time to accept that one!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hi everyone

Country Status: International (India)
Course Applied for: MSc Computational Finance
Application submission date: November 22
Any communication received: Received an email yesterday that the decision will take at least 2 more weeks from now
Original post by SHA1415
Hi, i've realized there's only one official thread for applicants which is not for postgraduates. So i decided to create a thread specifically for postgraduates to make it easier for us to have a discussion and talk about offers. (Moderators please delete this if there is another official one present for postgraduates)

Lets start with:
Country Status
Course Applied for
Offer/Waitlist/No offer

Country Status: USA (International)
Course Applied for: Global Governance and Ethics
Application submission date: Beginning of January
Offer/Waitlist/No offer: Haven't heard anything yet!
Any communication received etc: Just the email that it'll take more time.

Not sure what's going on, I thought UCL was usually pretty fast, but I did get that email.
Hii

Country Status: uk
Course Applied for: Crime and forensic science
Application submission date: 17/01
Offer/Waitlist/No offer: im still waiting for my referee to give me reference :smile:
Any communication received etc: not yet :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by IndianPython
Hi everyone

Country Status: International (India)
Course Applied for: MSc Computational Finance
Application submission date: November 22
Any communication received: Received an email yesterday that the decision will take at least 2 more weeks from now

I'm from Pakistan and applied in October for Msc Prosperity. They emailed me saying the same thing last week. It started with "Unfortunately" and i almost had a mini heart attack that its a rejection lol.. I hope they reply back soon. Its been ages since i applied. I'm getting super anxious.
Reply 6
Original post by Primthchn
Hii

Country Status: uk
Course Applied for: Crime and forensic science
Application submission date: 17/01
Offer/Waitlist/No offer: im still waiting for my referee to give me reference :smile:
Any communication received etc: not yet :frown:

Ah then you have time, they probably won't reply back with the processing email till all your references are received. I applied in October and I'm still waiting .. -.-
Reply 7
Original post by 1_tuyw
Hey, I just had my online interview for UCL on 17th Jan, so I’m hoping to hear back soon from them on whether I’m being offered a place or not as I’ve just been given an offer from Bath and have limited time to accept that one!

Did they mention anything during your interview as to when they'll revert with a decision?
Original post by SHA1415
I'm from Pakistan and applied in October for Msc Prosperity. They emailed me saying the same thing last week. It started with "Unfortunately" and i almost had a mini heart attack that its a rejection lol.. I hope they reply back soon. Its been ages since i applied. I'm getting super anxious.

I know right! I read the first line and had a big lump in my throat, I was dreading to read the rest of the email. By the time I finished reading, I started breathing easy and just took a sigh of relief. Unfortunately I can only wait till Feb 4, because that's the acceptance deadline for the offer I received from Manchester and I can't risk skipping that offer in the hope that I'll receive one from UCL. I'm also waiting for KCL and Warwick to respond. Good luck to you neighbour!
Reply 9
Original post by SHA1415
Did they mention anything during your interview as to when they'll revert with a decision?

I got nothing! Once I submitted my video interview, it just said thank you for taking the interview! A bit annoying as I'm on a time limit haha
Reply 10
Original post by 1_tuyw
I got nothing! Once I submitted my video interview, it just said thank you for taking the interview! A bit annoying as I'm on a time limit haha

IKR! its no annoying.. I can't even ignore UCL because its actually my first choice.
Reply 11
Original post by SHA1415
IKR! its no annoying.. I can't even ignore UCL because its actually my first choice.

Same! I’ve got my offer from bath which expires in 4 weeks so I’m stressed. I emailed admissions to ask how long offers usually take, and they said to expect it to be at least 4-12 weeks so now I’m stuck because I don’t want to lose my place at bath but also don’t want to reject bath to be rejected by UCL and end up with nothing!
Reply 12
Original post by 1_tuyw
Same! I’ve got my offer from bath which expires in 4 weeks so I’m stressed. I emailed admissions to ask how long offers usually take, and they said to expect it to be at least 4-12 weeks so now I’m stuck because I don’t want to lose my place at bath but also don’t want to reject bath to be rejected by UCL and end up with nothing!

Does UCL normally take this much time to make a decision? Its been ages.
Reply 13
Original post by SHA1415
Does UCL normally take this much time to make a decision? Its been ages.

Tbh, I didn’t expect anything less than 4 weeks since I only just did my interview last week. But they said this year there’s an exceptional amount of applications which could explain the delay? Although I suspect they use this excuse every year to explain why they take that long
How long did UCL take to respond to your application?
Original post by SHA1415

Lets start with:
Country Status
Course Applied for
Offer/Waitlist/No offer

They asked for my official transcript after I already had uploaded my grades, does that mean anything? Or am I just reading too much into it
Reply 16
Original post by Rareroyal
How long did UCL take to respond to your application?

About 3 weeks, I submitted on xmas eve but they were closed until 4th January and then I got an interview invite on the 14th January
Reply 17
Can a moderator make this thread sticky? @Doones @Smack @PhoenixFortune
Original post by 1_tuyw
About 3 weeks, I submitted on xmas eve but they were closed until 4th January and then I got an interview invite on the 14th January

Thank you! I’ve just submitted my application, hopefully I don’t need to wait too long.
Reply 19
Thank you very much!! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending