The Student Room Group

NICS DP and SO Recruitment

I have a DP interview on 10 November. I have never sat this type of interview before. Any advice or tips on what to expect?
Reply 1
Just got an email this morning to say that I passed. Can't believe it.
Reply 2
Just got offered a DP post in DFC. Things are starting to move very quickly.
Reply 3
I have a staff officer interview next week,any tips for the new process?
Original post by Jim09

That’s great did you come off the third tranche of interviews I am still waiting to hear
Reply 5
Original post by Jim09

Hi
Congratulations! Can I just ask when was your assessment interview?
Thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by Jim09
Just got an email this morning to say that I passed. Can't believe it.

Hi, how long after the assessment centre did you find out you had oassed?
Reply 7
Hi, I was one of the last people to complete their assessmet/interview and I considered I'd have by now if I hadn't passed as the guy from HR Connect who was with me (I get adjustments due to dyslexia, another reason why mine was this month) said I'd hear very, very soon. I just need to know as I hate waiting!
Original post by Leelu26
Hi, I was one of the last people to complete their assessmet/interview and I considered I'd have by now if I hadn't passed as the guy from HR Connect who was with me (I get adjustments due to dyslexia, another reason why mine was this month) said I'd hear very, very soon. I just need to know as I hate waiting!

My SO Assessment was in October i didnt hear that i passed until mid December. Hopefully u havent long to wait
Reply 9
Original post by Worriednscared
My SO Assessment was in October i didnt hear that i passed until mid December. Hopefully u havent long to wait

I phone HR and they said they weren't sure when I'd hear as I was in the 4th haul, but there were only a handful of us that did them so I'd have expected them to have a fairly quick turnaround. Hopefully won't be to much longer but at least I've calmed a bit and I'm not checking my emails every few minutes lol
Original post by Leelu26
I phone HR and they said they weren't sure when I'd hear as I was in the 4th haul, but there were only a handful of us that did them so I'd have expected them to have a fairly quick turnaround. Hopefully won't be to much longer but at least I've calmed a bit and I'm not checking my emails every few minutes lol

Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 11
Have you heard anything yet?

No, nothing yet. It's driving me crazy as I just want to be put out of my misery lol
Original post by Leelu26
No, nothing yet. It's driving me crazy as I just want to be put out of my misery lol

I understand the waiting is the worst part!! I have been waiting impatiently to see where i am getting placed but silence so far.
Reply 13
I understand the waiting is the worst part!! I have been waiting impatiently to see where i am getting placed but silence so far.

Just got my pre-appointment letter... I passed all elements :smile:
Original post by Leelu26
Just got my pre-appointnt letter... I passed all elements :smile:

Brillaint well done was that SO or DP?
Reply 15
SO competition. I'll fill Everton in tomorrow as I currently have Covid. I'm 91 on the merit list so hoping that it won't take a lifetime to place me.
Original post by Leelu26
SO competition. I'll fill Everton in tomorrow as I currently have Covid. I'm 91 on the merit list so hoping that it won't take a lifetime to place me.

I heard unofficially that the first 100 will get letters first and all should be in place by March. Sorry to hear you have Covid hope u feel better soon
Reply 17
That would be amazing as my current role is up at the end of March. Hopefully I hear something soon then. I'm grand, just feels like a head cold so hopefully stays that way and disappears soon.
Reply 18
Original post by Jim09
I have a DP interview on 10 November. I have never sat this type of interview before. Any advice or tips on what to expect?

Hi Jim09, congratulations on your DP post. I’m hoping to get and interview this year, have you any tips or advice. Thanks in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending