The Student Room Group

Life sadness

Hello everyone, I feel sad. I have so much going on and nothing is going as I am expecting. First I have been rejected to nearly every university that I have applied for and my parents don't know about it. which has effected my attitude to learn in school. I have science test that are worth abit of my grade but i dont have the motivation to revise anymore. Everyone in my class has got offers and im there waiting for what happens next :/.
honestly. don't worry. this happens so often. you'll definitely manage to get into a uni because there's so many things set up to give everyone that opportunity. regarding motivation, just step back a little for a while. speak to your teacher about the exam and tell them how you feel and what's going on; they'll most likely understand and do what they can to help. for now, try to spend some time on yourself to try and make yourself feel somewhat better.
Reply 2
Original post by mariajv_00
honestly. don't worry. this happens so often. you'll definitely manage to get into a uni because there's so many things set up to give everyone that opportunity. regarding motivation, just step back a little for a while. speak to your teacher about the exam and tell them how you feel and what's going on; they'll most likely understand and do what they can to help. for now, try to spend some time on yourself to try and make yourself feel somewhat better.

Thank you, I came to a realisation that what ever happens happens and its probably for the best
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone, I feel sad. I have so much going on and nothing is going as I am expecting. First I have been rejected to nearly every university that I have applied for and my parents don't know about it. which has effected my attitude to learn in school. I have science test that are worth abit of my grade but i dont have the motivation to revise anymore. Everyone in my class has got offers and im there waiting for what happens next :/.

How old are you?
Reply 4
How old are you?

OK. University isn't everything and you might feel crap right now but I can assure you that you'll be fine

If you have too much going on and struggling to cope:

You can get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress

-Rethink mental health, 0300 5000 927

There is the mind forum

Also Facebook groups
Reply 7
Everything will be ok. You could always apply through extra or clearing or do a foundation course and try for uni again next year. x

I was in the same position not too long ago but I was told that if a person gets no offers, mid February UCAS extra opens up and let’s you apply to open spaces at universities. And even then you still have clearing after exams :smile: Honestly, you are not defined by your grade or your intelligence & at the end of the day, a degree at a university is the same everywhere. You’ve got this! Much love xo
Reply 9
You also do not have to go to university. You can choose to go straight into work or complete an apprenticeship. You may also apply to university again next year!
ahahah that made me laugh and thank you :smile:
Original post by TirednessInc
I was in the same position not too long ago but I was told that if a person gets no offers, mid February UCAS extra opens up and let’s you apply to open spaces at universities. And even then you still have clearing after exams :smile: Honestly, you are not defined by your grade or your intelligence & at the end of the day, a degree at a university is the same everywhere. You’ve got this! Much love xo

Thank you so much for this <3
Original post by GRAZZY
Everything will be ok. You could always apply through extra or clearing or do a foundation course and try for uni again next year. x

yeah I talked to my teachers and i think thats where i going. Thank you for your support :smile:
Thank you so much for this <3

Anytime ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest