The Student Room Group

UCL - Applied Medical Sciences 2022

Hi Guys! I haven't seen one of these on TSR, so I thought I would create one where people can share applications and offers.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, what course are you applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by niyati04
Hi, what course are you applying for?

Is applied medical science a course on its own?
Reply 3
Is applied medical science a course on its own?

yeah it's a course on its own it's different to their biomed course
Reply 4
Original post by E13M10
yeah it's a course on its own it's different to their biomed course

Oh great! I've applied to their SEMS program
Reply 5
Oh great! I've applied to their SEMS program

which programme is that
Reply 6
Original post by E13M10
which programme is that

Sports and Exercise medical science
hey! i’ve also applied to applied medical science at ucl and i’m currently waiting for an offer. i applied early october and im still waiting😭
Reply 8
Original post by imsotiredlool
hey! i’ve also applied to applied medical science at ucl and i’m currently waiting for an offer. i applied early october and im still waiting😭

good luck what else did you apply for?
Original post by E13M10
good luck what else did you apply for?

good luck to you too!
i applied to bath, warwick and reading for biomedical science and biological sciences at queen mary. how about you?
Reply 10
good luck to you too!
i applied to bath, warwick and reading for biomedical science and biological sciences at queen mary. how about you?

applied for biomedical sciences at Kings Imperial Queen Mary and St George's and Applied medical sciences at UCL
Reply 11
Original post by E13M10
applied for biomedical sciences at Kings Imperial Queen Mary and St George's and Applied medical sciences at UCL

Have you heard back from Queen Mary?
Original post by steakk
Have you heard back from Queen Mary?

yeah i’ve gotten an offer in November. i applied in early october though.
Reply 13
Has anyone received offers yet for this course?
Original post by bd2004
Has anyone received offers yet for this course?

no i dont think so but since the deadline for all ucas applications is tomorrow, i’m sure they will start replying soon!
Reply 15
no i dont think so but since the deadline for all ucas applications is tomorrow, i’m sure they will start replying soon!

Yeah I’m really hoping to hear back soon as it’s my top choice and I’ve already gotten offers for my other 4. I only applied at the beginning of December so it’s still early days but I did see 2 people get offers for AMS on reddit and I’m getting impatient haha!! :smile:
Original post by bd2004
Yeah I’m really hoping to hear back soon as it’s my top choice and I’ve already gotten offers for my other 4. I only applied at the beginning of December so it’s still early days but I did see 2 people get offers for AMS on reddit and I’m getting impatient haha!! :smile:

well done on getting most of your offers! ams at ucl is also my top choice so this wait is making me so nervous😭 i’ll be ready to tell you guys if i got an offer or not when i receive a reply😫
I am hoping to apply in 2023 and this is my top choice so far, just wondering did you guys apply with biomed focused personal statements or did you tailor it to this course somehow? i would have no clue how to write a personal statement focused on this course and obviously i would be applying to study biomed elsewhere so it would make sense for it to be biomed focused
well done on getting most of your offers! ams at ucl is also my top choice so this wait is making me so nervous😭 i’ll be ready to tell you guys if i got an offer or not when i receive a reply😫

I am hoping to apply in 2023 and this is my top choice so far, just wondering did apply with a biomed focused personal statement or did you tailor it to this course somehow? i would have no clue how to write a personal statement focused on this course and obviously i would be applying to study biomed elsewhere so it would make sense for it to be biomed focused.
Also have you received a reply yet?
Original post by maddyloveridge1
I am hoping to apply in 2023 and this is my top choice so far, just wondering did apply with a biomed focused personal statement or did you tailor it to this course somehow? i would have no clue how to write a personal statement focused on this course and obviously i would be applying to study biomed elsewhere so it would make sense for it to be biomed focused.
Also have you received a reply yet?

hey,
my personal statement was based on biomedical science and because applied medical science was not too different from biomed i could apply to it. this way, i could still apply to biomed courses, biology and applied medical sciences.
i have not received a reply from ucl yet but i was told that ucl will reply near the end of march.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending