The Student Room Group

Applying for the same course at a different university

Hello,

Bit of a confusing one but I'll explain as simply as I can.

Currently I am at university studying a course, but due to a myriad of different problems-mental and physical(injuries), I am taking the year out and restarting later this year from year 1.

My university is fine with this, however I would also like to apply for the same course at different universities. I'm happy to answer questions if people want to know my reasons for doing so, but I'm mostly just curious as to whether universities are going to question/look down on my application.
Original post by twelfthhokage
Hello,

Bit of a confusing one but I'll explain as simply as I can.

Currently I am at university studying a course, but due to a myriad of different problems-mental and physical(injuries), I am taking the year out and restarting later this year from year 1.

My university is fine with this, however I would also like to apply for the same course at different universities. I'm happy to answer questions if people want to know my reasons for doing so, but I'm mostly just curious as to whether universities are going to question/look down on my application.

It’s very common for applicants to do this.

The ucas deadline for equal consideration is today though so if you’re applying for first year entry you’ll need to get your application in quickly
Your reference should be written by a current tutor and if they explain in the reference why you are 'starting again', it'll be fine.

Quick Reply