The Student Room Group

Biology A-levels

How do the Gastrointestinal, Cardiovascular and Respiratory systems help muscle cells carry out their job roles? I need to write about each system alone in under 100 words each
Original post by Hops23
How do the Gastrointestinal, Cardiovascular and Respiratory systems help muscle cells carry out their job roles? I need to write about each system alone in under 100 words each

Just think "what do muscle cells require in order to perform there roles?". Then write about how each of the systems functions to supply the muscle cells.
Reply 2
Original post by BlueChicken
Just think "what do muscle cells require in order to perform there roles?". Then write about how each of the systems functions to supply the muscle cells.

can you help with one example plsss? 🥲
Original post by Hops23

Not the same person you asked but muscle cells need energy (ATP) to function. The gastrointestinal system digests food, releases enzymes to convert maltose and other disaccharides into glucose, which is a source of ATP. the respiratory system provides the body with oxygen which is then transported via the cardiovascular system. Oxygen is essential for the body to actually work and produce things like ATP.
Original post by Hops23

essentially, what @CalciPharm_900 said.

You can google your question and get the answer. To write a successful answer, you need to identify what the question is asking and structure your answer accordingly. This is also good practice for future assignments/exams. Good luck.
Reply 5
Original post by CalciPharm_900
Not the same person you asked but muscle cells need energy (ATP) to function. The gastrointestinal system digests food, releases enzymes to convert maltose and other disaccharides into glucose, which is a source of ATP. the respiratory system provides the body with oxygen which is then transported via the cardiovascular system. Oxygen is essential for the body to actually work and produce things like ATP.

Omg Thankyouuu sooo much, how about cardiovascular system? 🥲
Original post by Hops23

What does the cardiovascular system do? It transports blood around the body. What is moved around in the blood?
Reply 7
essentially, what @CalciPharm_900 said.

You can google your question and get the answer. To write a successful answer, you need to identify what the question is asking and structure your answer accordingly. This is also good practice for future assignments/exams. Good luck

My teacher told me to Start with the equation for respiration: oxygen +glucose > carbon dioxide + water + ATP energy. where do they get the oxygen and glucose from? What to they do either the waste products? Do they need any other components? This question is more about the components of the 3 body systems rather than structures.…
Reply 8
What does the cardiovascular system do? It transports blood around the body. What is moved around in the blood?

I need to write 100words for each system🥲
Original post by Hops23

The cardiovascular system transports all of these energy/products (that have diffused into the blood) to the muscles, which diffuse into the muscle cells for them to respire and carry out their function. As for waste products, (like CO2) those also diffuse into the blood from the muscles. The cardiovascular system then transports these waste products to the respiratory system (lungs) so they can be breathed out. Not sure if that's what you need but hope it helped?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Hops23
My teacher told me to Start with the equation for respiration: oxygen +glucose > carbon dioxide + water + ATP energy. where do they get the oxygen and glucose from? What to they do either the waste products? Do they need any other components? This question is more about the components of the 3 body systems rather than structures.…

ok, so the equation is saying that oxygen and glucose are used and carbon dioxide, water and ATP energy are produced. Start from there.

Where does the oxygen come from? Hint: respiratory system. How? Gaseous exchange across surface of lungs. Where does the gas go? etc. etc.
Where does the glucose come from? Hint: GI system. How? Through eating food. Again, how is food broken down to give glucose? How does it get out of GI system and into body for use? It must cross an exchange surface.

Where does the carbon dioxide go? See respiratory system again. Where does the water go?

How do all these things get to where they need to be? Hint: CV system.

How is the ATP energy used? Hint: muscle cells.

Fill in the detail of how the exchange processes operate at each bit. Then you can summarise how the 3 systems work together to supply the muscle cells with what they need so that they can perform their functions etc. That should give you enough to write the 100 words for each.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending