The Student Room Group

Scottish Power Graduate Scheme 2022

Applied back in early December for the Business and Commercial Graduate programme at Scottish Power.

Was sent video interview before Christmas and completed it on that day. Still awaiting to hear back

Has anyone else applied for any of their roles and heard anything back yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I applied and Got video Interview invite today, Can you please tell me what did they ask?
Reply 2
Original post by NL32
Applied back in early December for the Business and Commercial Graduate programme at Scottish Power.

Was sent video interview before Christmas and completed it on that day. Still awaiting to hear back

Finally a thread! Thank you for this. I am in the same position. Got the VI invite for the Procurement Graduate programme before Christmas but did it in the New year and got my insight report but no feedback since then.

I guess there are a lot of applications this period. Just hope we hear back soon with some good news. Any idea what the next stage will entail?
Reply 3
Original post by Rad 08
Finally a thread! Thank you for this. I am in the same position. Got the VI invite for the Procurement Graduate programme before Christmas but did it in the New year and got my insight report but no feedback since then.

I guess there are a lot of applications this period. Just hope we hear back soon with some good news. Any idea what the next stage will entail?

From what I can see on the website the next and final stage will be an assessment centre held somepoint from now until March. Website is no longer taking applications for any of the roles so id imagine they will be reviewing profiles soon.

How did you find the VI?
Reply 4
Original post by NL32
From what I can see on the website the next and final stage will be an assessment centre held somepoint from now until March. Website is no longer taking applications for any of the roles so id imagine they will be reviewing profiles soon.

How did you find the VI?

That's great! So hopefully we'll be hearing from the HR about the AC soon fingers crossed :smile:

I found the VI okay and the fact that we could watch and re-record our answers was nice. Some of the questions asked took me by surprise though and I had to think through my experiences within a short time but overall the game and video were okay and I'm hoping for the best.

How was your VI? And how was your insight report?
Reply 5
Hi guys! Anyone applied for Digital Graduate? Got my video interview invite yesterday
Reply 6
Yes i have. Got invite yesterday as well. Did you do it?
Reply 7
Original post by krn02
Yes i have. Got invite yesterday as well. Did you do it?

No not yet, have you? And cool, I wonder if/when there's a tech assessment
Reply 8
Original post by cmikzzz
No not yet, have you? And cool, I wonder if/when there's a tech assessment

Nope. I beleive if we pass this stage then they will do an tech assessment and then they will do AC. Not sure though
Reply 9
Original post by Rad 08
That's great! So hopefully we'll be hearing from the HR about the AC soon fingers crossed :smile:

I found the VI okay and the fact that we could watch and re-record our answers was nice. Some of the questions asked took me by surprise though and I had to think through my experiences within a short time but overall the game and video were okay and I'm hoping for the best.

How was your VI? And how was your insight

Thought it went well for a HireVue interview, tough questions but as you say having more attempts was helpful. Insights were all positive as well and no negative ones so hopefully manage to get to the assessment centre. How were your insights?
Reply 10
Original post by NL32
Thought it went well for a HireVue interview, tough questions but as you say having more attempts was helpful. Insights were all positive as well and no negative ones so hopefully manage to get to the assessment centre. How were your insights?

I agree, it went surprisingly well for a HireVue interview. My insights looked really good too and positive so hopefully can put me in a good spot for the ACs.

Please let me know when you receive feedback from them. I will communicate same to you as well
Reply 11
Original post by Rad 08
I agree, it went surprisingly well for a HireVue interview. My insights looked really good too and positive so hopefully can put me in a good spot for the ACs.

Please let me know when you receive feedback from them. I will communicate same to you as well

Good to hear! Ill let you know on here when i hear anything from them also.
Reply 12
Original post by NL32

When you did this video interview did it involve a game? I have to do the video interview and it stated there was a game, but I am unsure what that could entail.
Reply 13
Original post by jds123
When you did this video interview did it involve a game? I have to do the video interview and it stated there was a game, but I am unsure what that could entail.

Yeah it did. Its at the end of the questions, not hard - just mental maths and then identifying shapes etc under a time limit. Both take max 2mins each.
Reply 14
Original post by NL32
Yeah it did. Its at the end of the questions, not hard - just mental maths and then identifying shapes etc under a time limit. Both take max 2mins each.

Reply 15
Original post by NL32
Good to hear! Ill let you know on here when i hear anything from them also.

Hiya :smile: .. Just thought to let you know that I received an email from Scottish Power stating that we will get an update on our application in the coming weeks. As earlier guessed, they received a lot of applications hence the delay.

Did you receive the email as well?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey, I got the video interview and getting quite anxious about what's coming up. I have a list of questions but can you tell me if they looked similar?

What do you know about Scottish Power?
Why the role?
Why your background and experience will be a good fit for the role?
Some situational based questions..

I applied for the project management graduate scheme. Any help would be grateful, thank you.
Reply 17
Original post by Thedarknight1999
Hey, I got the video interview and getting quite anxious about what's coming up. I have a list of questions but can you tell me if they looked similar?

What do you know about Scottish Power?
Why the role?
Why your background and experience will be a good fit for the role?
Some situational based questions..

I applied for the project management graduate scheme. Any help would be grateful, thank you.

Hey, look through the thread and you'll find answers. We were asked 5 competency based questions i.e. "tell me about a time when" then 2 games to play after. You will receive an insight report after your interview
Reply 18
Hey guys, how long after the video interview did you get your insights? Best of luck to all, just completed mine.
Reply 19
Original post by cmikzzz
Hey guys, how long after the video interview did you get your insights? Best of luck to all, just completed mine.

In less than 1hr

Quick Reply

Latest