The Student Room Group

UCAS

Good evening guys, I’m on the last section of my application and I just wanted to ask about the nationality detail section. Where it says what is “your nationality?” The first option is UK national and it says “if you’re applying from outside the UK chose your nationality according to your passport”. I don’t have a UK passport but I have an EU one and also have settled status here in the UK do I just chose UK national as I am applying from the UK?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Swezi17
Good evening guys, I’m on the last section of my application and I just wanted to ask about the nationality detail section. Where it says what is “your nationality?” The first option is UK national and it says “if you’re applying from outside the UK chose your nationality according to your passport”. I don’t have a UK passport but I have an EU one and also have settled status here in the UK do I just chose UK national as I am applying from the UK?

Hi I'm also an EU passport holder (French) with no UK passport and also have settled status. I just put my nationality down as French. Isn't there another question that asks if you have settled status?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by CalciPharm_900
Hi I'm also an EU passport holder (French) with no UK passport and also have settled status. I just put my nationality down as French. Isn't there another question that asks if you have settled status?

Hmm I’m confused because it says if you’re applying from outside the UK chose your nationality as it appears on your passport but I am applying here from the UK so surely you’ll have to put down UK national. I’m only being cautious as I don’t want to be classified as a “Foreign Student”
Original post by Swezi17
Hmm I’m confused because it says if you’re applying from outside the UK chose your nationality as it appears on your passport but I am applying here from the UK so surely you’ll have to put down UK national. I’m only being cautious as I don’t want to be classified as a “Foreign Student”

Are you applying for an undergraduate course? Not sure if I remember the question saying that maybe our applications are different. I was also concerned about that but after you submit, universities usually ask you to send copies of your ID documents passports etc and also the share code to verify that you really do have settled status. They will then make a decision if you are allowed to pay the 'home tuition fees'. I am still waiting for responses. If you choose UK national and then send them EU documents, it may cause some issues. I don't want to misdirect you though so maybe contact the UCAS. Deadline is tomorrow:s-smilie:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Are you applying for an undergraduate course? Not sure if I remember the question saying that maybe our applications are different. I was also concerned about that but after you submit, universities usually ask you to send copies of your ID documents passports etc and also the share code to verify that you really do have settled status. They will then make a decision if you are allowed to pay the 'home tuition fees'. I am still waiting for responses. If you choose UK national and then send them EU documents, it may cause some issues. I don't want to misdirect you though so maybe contact the UCAS. Deadline is tomorrow:s-smilie:

Yeah I’m applying for an undergraduate course. Yeah I know the deadline is looming I believe it’s at 18:00 UK time but I’m literally done with everything just left with that section. I guess if they’ll ask me for my details then I will just provide them my settled status share codes etc so I will just put my nationality as “Swiss”then
Original post by Swezi17
Yeah I’m applying for an undergraduate course. Yeah I know the deadline is looming I believe it’s at 18:00 UK time but I’m literally done with everything just left with that section. I guess if they’ll ask me for my details then I will just provide them my settled status share codes etc so I will just put my nationality as “Swiss”then

Ok great! I hope no issues happen because of that and hopefully you get home tuition fees. Gosh I don't want to be to blame for financial problems :biggrin: Good luck with your course. To let you know, unis may also not ask for details, like my brother did not have to give any details
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Ok great! I hope no issues happen because of that and hopefully you get home tuition fees. Gosh I don't want to be to blame for financial problems :biggrin:

No no don’t worry, As soon as I clicked the “Swiss” option it provided me with more options such as do I have settled or pre settled status in the UK. So I guess you gave me the right answer :wink: Thanks
Original post by Swezi17
No no don’t worry, As soon as I clicked the “Swiss” option it provided me with more options such as do I have settled or pre settled status in the UK. So I guess you gave me the right answer :wink: Thanks

Ohh ok good good you are welcome, EU neighbour :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Swezi17

If you have an eu passport then put that country as your nationality.

Settled status isn’t citizenship. Only put that you’re a ok national if you have a uk passport

Quick Reply

Latest