The Student Room Group

Texting my ex

My ex & I have been chatting a lot recently. We broke up over a month ago, due to some issues. However we both have the intention of getting back together. He's currently on holiday & we were planning on having a chat when he's back. Should I still respond to his messages & keep the convo going or should I just wait till he's back off holiday? Our convos have been small talk & due to the time difference not necessarily instant, mainly about his holiday, not about our relationship.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My ex & I have been chatting a lot recently. We broke up over a month ago, due to some issues. However we both have the intention of getting back together. He's currently on holiday & we were planning on having a chat when he's back. Should I still respond to his messages & keep the convo going or should I just wait till he's back off holiday? Our convos have been small talk & due to the time difference not necessarily instant, mainly about his holiday, not about our relationship.

Help?
Wait till he’s back
Reply 3
Original post by user2293
Wait till he’s back

You reckon? That's not for over another 2 weeks though.
It's better to just leave it until 2 weeks, that way you can rethink your feelings, think about why you broke up and wether it is actually a good idea to get back together. Relationships don't break up for no reason and you need to prioritise yourself over him or the relationship.
Reply 5
Original post by OnlyTheQuack
It's better to just leave it until 2 weeks, that way you can rethink your feelings, think about why you broke up and wether it is actually a good idea to get back together. Relationships don't break up for no reason and you need to prioritise yourself over him or the relationship.

That is very true, I have ignored him quite a bit. But if I do ignore him he sends me another message a couple of days later. It's nice to know he's thinking of me, but don't want to fall into talking all day everyday considering we're not together right now.
Talking every day is fine, if you've actually got something useful to talk about. If the conversation is dead then your time would probably be better spent doing something productive. You can always try the typical girl thing which is replying 4ish hours after every message no matter how fast the guy replies lol
do you actually want to get back with him and would it be beneficial for you ? everyone ends up texting their exes sometimes but i guess if it didn't end badly between you two or the issues you faced were not of fault by you two then i dont see why it could be any harm
Reply 8
That is very true, I have ignored him quite a bit. But if I do ignore him he sends me another message a couple of days later. It's nice to know he's thinking of me, but don't want to fall into talking all day everyday considering we're not together right now.

Just tell him you won't message whilst he's on holiday so as not to disturb him, and you'll talk when he's back. Then use the 2 weeks to seriously consider if these 'issues' can very overcome and you can make a relationship work.
Reply 9
Original post by Surnia
Just tell him you won't message whilst he's on holiday so as not to disturb him, and you'll talk when he's back. Then use the 2 weeks to seriously consider if these 'issues' can very overcome and you can make a relationship work.

I want to keep talking to him but do think I need to take time to think things over definitely. How do I keep myself occupied during this time?
Reply 10
I want to keep talking to him but do think I need to take time to think things over definitely. How do I keep myself occupied during this time?

Whatever you did before you had a boyfriend? Go out with friends, hobbies, everyday stuff like read, watch TV etc.
Original post by OnlyTheQuack
Talking every day is fine, if you've actually got something useful to talk about. If the conversation is dead then your time would probably be better spent doing something productive. You can always try the typical girl thing which is replying 4ish hours after every message no matter how fast the guy replies lol

Some conversations have be useful some haven't. So when I feel like we're just talking for the sake of it I don't reply.
do you actually want to get back with him and would it be beneficial for you ? everyone ends up texting their exes sometimes but i guess if it didn't end badly between you two or the issues you faced were not of fault by you two then i dont see why it could be any harm

I do want to get back with him yes. However, the issues were quite big but hopefully something we could work on together.
Original post by Surnia
Whatever you did before you had a boyfriend? Go out with friends, hobbies, everyday stuff like read, watch TV etc.

It's been 5 years so it's been so long I can't even remember what I used to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending