The Student Room Group

First Year Spring Insight Schemes 2021/22

Noticed there wasn't a thread on this yet so thought may as well make one

Has anyone applied to/planning to apply to any first-year insight schemes for law this year and if so which ones?
Reply 1
CMS that’s it so far. Sat the Watson glazer but haven’t heard back yet. What about you?
Original post by s1711
CMS that’s it so far. Sat the Watson glazer but haven’t heard back yet. What about you?

I also applied CMS (Waiting for the WG), and CC and L&W so far looking to apply for some more as time goes on hopefully I don’t leave it too late
I sat the WG, haven't heard back from them either. Had the test for Latham too.
Original post by existentialtears

Yee same! Hopefully we get in
Original post by NoMercy21
Yee same! Hopefully we get in

fingers crossed x

Have you heard from Lathams yet?
Reply 7
I also applied CMS (Waiting for the WG), and CC and L&W so far looking to apply for some more as time goes on hopefully I don’t leave it too late

Did you get sent the WG test yet?

When did you send your application and when did you get the WG invite? I submitted mine a month ago but haven't got an invite, and I found out just today that people have been sent WG tests so I'm kinda disappointed
Original post by rjshbdj

When did you send your application and when did you get the WG invite? I submitted mine a month ago but haven't got an invite, and I found out just today that people have been sent WG tests so I'm kinda disappointed

Still waiting on the CMS WG but got sent a video interview for Lathams
(edited 2 years ago)
Have you heard from Lathams yet?

I haven't yet, I'm quite nervous because I keep checking for a rejection from them.
Original post by rjshbdj

I submitted my CMS application on the 4th of December and heard back somewhere around 16th December with the WG.
My classmate got the WG invite the day before yesterday for CMS but I wouldn't worry because if they haven't rejected their applicants from the second stage, there is still a lot of hope! I think most decisions will start rolling after Linklater's deadline in the first week of Feb.
My WG went miserably because I didn't practise at all and was quite anxious before it. My tip to you would be to start practising so that you don't make the same mistakes as me as I'm sure you'll move on to the next stage soon!
All the best and don't worry!
I submitted my CMS application on the 4th of December and heard back somewhere around 16th December with the WG.
My classmate got the WG invite the day before yesterday for CMS but I wouldn't worry because if they haven't rejected their applicants from the second stage, there is still a lot of hope! I think most decisions will start rolling after Linklater's deadline in the first week of Feb.
My WG went miserably because I didn't practise at all and was quite anxious before it. My tip to you would be to start practising so that you don't make the same mistakes as me as I'm sure you'll move on to the next stage soon!
All the best and don't worry!

Finished my WG a while ago! Fingers crossed!
Finished my WG a while ago! Fingers crossed!

Successfully been rejected from CMS. Apparently, video interviews from Latham are out. All the best for your application!
Reply 13
Successfully been rejected from CMS. Apparently, video interviews from Latham are out. All the best for your application!

I'm so sorry to hear that, hope your other applications go well.
I did my WG today I have no idea how it went lol.
Also, I applied to Latham's today for the open day.. I don't suppose they do video interviews for that too?
Original post by rjshbdj
I'm so sorry to hear that, hope your other applications go well.
I did my WG today I have no idea how it went lol.
Also, I applied to Latham's today for the open day.. I don't suppose they do video interviews for that too?

I applied to Macfarlanes last week and need to start applying to HSF, Hogan and Baker today or tomorrow. I don't think they do video interviews for that. I'm sure your WG went great, don't worry about it. Thanks and all the best to you!
I just heard back from Baker Mckenzie with an invite for their scheme. Has anyone heard back from Macfarlanes?

Quick Reply

Latest