The Student Room Group

Anyone tired?

tired can mean anything according to you, just trying to see something

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
tired can mean anything according to you, just trying to see something

I believe there's different kinds of 'tired' so to speak. There's the very surface level definition, physical tiredness, lack of sleep etc. Then there's mental tiredness, maybe your social battery is totally drained, or you live with a mental illness(s) and your brain is tired from the symptoms. Then I think there's a kind of 'tired' that seeps into your very bones, it's a spiritual, metaphysical exhaustion; you feel it in your heart, your soul, your blood. I personally experience this due to living with constant chronic pain from a spine disorder as well as mh issues. Sometimes someone saying they're 'tired' can be just that - they need more sleep, they need rest etc, however, other times I think it's an understatement and a real cry for help.
Sick and tired
Reply 3
I’m tired of my ocd. It’s to the point that I can’t tell if it’s ocd and now my thoughts are probably real. I’m so so sad and disappointed in myself. I’m tired of finding hope then losing it…
Yes, I’m tired. Both physically and mentally. Doing even the simplest of tasks feels like a chore and I’d rather sleep instead.
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't have OCD but I do have BPD and I get obsessions/compulsions due to it. I understand that it can be incredibly lonely to deal with, I really really hope you know that you are worth more than just this label and that I see you. I know you fight an invisible battle everyday that almost everyone is oblivious too and it makes being a student even harder than it already can be. Let yourself have some time to rest and remember that you're absolutely badass for continuing to live with this.
Original post by 0ptics
Yes, I’m tired. Both physically and mentally. Doing even the simplest of tasks feels like a chore and I’d rather sleep instead.

i feel the same but lately even sleep is annoying but i dont want it to be :frown:
Original post by starxdust
i feel the same but lately even sleep is annoying but i dont want it to be :frown:

Sleep is the only thing I find solace in. But I’m sorry that even sleep feels annoying. It shouldn’t be like this. None of it should. :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by SylviaMarie1999
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't have OCD but I do have BPD and I get obsessions/compulsions due to it. I understand that it can be incredibly lonely to deal with, I really really hope you know that you are worth more than just this label and that I see you. I know you fight an invisible battle everyday that almost everyone is oblivious too and it makes being a student even harder than it already can be. Let yourself have some time to rest and remember that you're absolutely badass for continuing to live with this.

Thank you so so much, your comment just made me cry because I have felt everything that you’ve written and sometimes it can get so dark and lonely but you’ve just made me very very happy!
Original post by Honey57
Thank you so so much, your comment just made me cry because I have felt everything that you’ve written and sometimes it can get so dark and lonely but you’ve just made me very very happy!

Hey hun, I'm so relieved to hear that my comment helped even a little bit. Please do reach out to me for a chat anytime about anything. Remember you're never as alone as you feel x
Yep, every waking moment- physically, mentally, emotionally and so on. It’s exhausting but it’s kinda nice to know I’m not the only one feeling this way
Original post by 0ptics
Sleep is the only thing I find solace in. But I’m sorry that even sleep feels annoying. It shouldn’t be like this. None of it should. :frown:

I'm sorry sleep is the only comfortable thing for you. You're right life is unfair and sh*t but hopefully someday it will get better and you'll be happy living your life instead of just looking forward to sleeping
Original post by starxdust
I'm sorry sleep is the only comfortable thing for you. You're right life is unfair and sh*t but hopefully someday it will get better and you'll be happy living your life instead of just looking forward to sleeping

Hopefully it gets better someday but I doubt it. Hope your life gets better though :smile:
Original post by 0ptics
Hopefully it gets better someday but I doubt it. Hope your life gets better though :smile:

No don't be negative. i think it's dangerous to be optimistic about anything in life but don't give up hoping that things will get better. I know it's hard to believe, i feel the same, but just keep telling yourself it WILL get better because as soon as you're old enough you make your own choices and you can get rid of the bad things in your life. I really hope you can be happy and that your life gets better too
very
Very tired physically and emotionally. I'm a PhD student, I have chronic migraines and dyslexia, I can't concentrate on my studies and I didn't have any holidays or weekends for more than a year
Original post by SylviaMarie1999
I believe there's different kinds of 'tired' so to speak. There's the very surface level definition, physical tiredness, lack of sleep etc. Then there's mental tiredness, maybe your social battery is totally drained, or you live with a mental illness(s) and your brain is tired from the symptoms. Then I think there's a kind of 'tired' that seeps into your very bones, it's a spiritual, metaphysical exhaustion; you feel it in your heart, your soul, your blood. I personally experience this due to living with constant chronic pain from a spine disorder as well as mh issues. Sometimes someone saying they're 'tired' can be just that - they need more sleep, they need rest etc, however, other times I think it's an understatement and a real cry for help.

all ur interpretations of tired are valid- i deeply understand what you mean and i also do hope you get well soon :smile:
Original post by xobeauty
Sick and tired

enough said tbh :frown:
Original post by Honey57
I’m tired of my ocd. It’s to the point that I can’t tell if it’s ocd and now my thoughts are probably real. I’m so so sad and disappointed in myself. I’m tired of finding hope then losing it…

never ever look down on urself- thats the starter of all issues imo, try to be even the tiniest bit happy for yourself
Original post by 0ptics

haha the saying that goes 'are we too young for this?' honestly

Quick Reply

Latest