The Student Room Group

Should I cancel interview

I have an interview for an internship. I have two degrees and have already done a placement plus apprenticeship but honestly can’t seem to climb the career ladder and recently got rejected from a student level job. I don’t understand why I can’t get anything better with my experience. People are really surprised when I say my salaries and jobs bave actually gotten worse over the years. I’m thinking if I should cancel this interview cause I’m being ridiculous. If they ask why I’m doing it with my experience what do I say cause I can’t say it’s since I can’t get anything better.
Reply 1
Bump
i get where ur coming at, maybe grind on a sh.t permanent job then level up, but idk im proper stressed cah i got interviews soon. can wait to to bun a zxxt after my interviews finish. then inshallah there will be offer but who knows ygm my g
your internship days are over
better off getting a sh*t job until you find something better
Reply 4
Original post by yeet_21
your internship days are over
better off getting a sh*t job until you find something better

Do you actually think so? Because it’s a very reputable company I wondered if the internship would look better on my cv and I’d get more enjoyment potentially
Original post by Anonymous
Do you actually think so? Because it’s a very reputable company I wondered if the internship would look better on my cv and I’d get more enjoyment potentially

it's worth a punt then
but don't see why a company would hire an overqualified person rather than an actual student for an internship..
Original post by Anonymous
I have an interview for an internship. I have two degrees and have already done a placement plus apprenticeship but honestly can’t seem to climb the career ladder and recently got rejected from a student level job. I don’t understand why I can’t get anything better with my experience. People are really surprised when I say my salaries and jobs bave actually gotten worse over the years. I’m thinking if I should cancel this interview cause I’m being ridiculous. If they ask why I’m doing it with my experience what do I say cause I can’t say it’s since I can’t get anything better.

I'd definitely recommend going to the interview, and being open and honest with them about your future with them post the internship, if they can't give you any reassurance about the future or seem hesitant to then you can make a decision thn. I had the same recently after graduating with the level of roles I was getting rejected by, and rushed into an interview where I asked this question and once I knew that it was purely an internship with no future, I walked away. Hope you can find a good job for yourself soon!
Reply 7
no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending