The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Ucas deadline

Hello,
I am an EU student(Italy) and yesterday I applied for 2 courses(mechanical engineering with a placement year, mechanical engineering with a year abroad)at Uob. I was ready to submit at 16;00 but my Italy's teacher forgot to do the reference. I emailed her but she said she was busy and only free late at night.
So I contacted others from Italy. Only one teacher was free at that moment. Unfortunately, my teacher was able to finish it at 18:09 and I submitted it at 18:10. What should I do now?
Does UoB consr late applicants(a few mi nutes)?
Can you ask to the ones who deal with it?and tell me something, please.
Only because of a reference I don't want to miss this opportunity...I absolutely want to attend UoB.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,
I am an EU student(Italy) and yesterday I applied for 2 courses(mechanical engineering with a placement year, mechanical engineering with a year abroad)at Uob. I was ready to submit at 16;00 but my Italy's teacher forgot to do the reference. I emailed her but she said she was busy and only free late at night.
So I contacted others from Italy. Only one teacher was free at that moment. Unfortunately, my teacher was able to finish it at 18:09 and I submitted it at 18:10. What should I do now?
Only because of a reference I don't want to miss this opportunity...I absolutely want to attend UoB.

What you should have done was submitted giving the institutions name which was going to provide the reference.I will call in@PQ who will know what effect this will have on your application but she will not be on until the morning.I know its stressful but try and get some sleep and hopefully get some answers in the morning.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Hello,

Ring up ucas this morning and ask if your application was marked as on time or not.

Ucas usually have a small amount of flexibility to allow for if their website is slow. So there’s still a chance you’re met the deadline.

Ucas decide which applications were submitted on time.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Ring up ucas this morning and ask if your application was marked as on time or not.

Ucas usually have a small amount of flexibility to allow for if their website is slow. So there’s still a chance you’re met the deadline.

Thank you for your assistance.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ

Thanks for the assistance
I phoned them yesterday and they said if the welcome email by UCAS arrives today, then it will be "on time". Otherwise it will come monday and considered "late". Unfortunately, no email has arrived.
Now I dont know what to do
Reply 5
Original post by Scotney
What you should have done was submitted giving the institutions name which was going to provide the reference.I will call in@PQ who will know what effect this will have on your application but she will not be on until the morning.I know its stressful but try and get some sleep and hopefully get some answers in the morning.

Thanks for the assistance.
I phoned them yesterday and they said if the welcome email by UCAS arrives today, then it will be "on time". Otherwise it will come monday and considered "late". Unfortunately, no email has arrived.
Reply 6
Sorry, I meant if the welcome email arrived yesterday**
Thanks for the assistance

Ask your teacher to email the university explaining the mistake and asking if they will still consider your application
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
Ask your teacher to email the university explaining the mistake and asking if they will still consider your application

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply but I read it today.
However I received an email on 3rd February from UOB, and it is written that they received my application. There's also written my Birmimgham ID. I don’t know if it can be relevant and if this kind of email is same for all applicants(on time or on late). Should I still ask to my teacher to email the university? Or should I email them directly?
Hello,
Sorry for the late reply but I read it today.
However I received an email on 3rd February from UOB, and it is written that they received my application. There's also written my Birmimgham ID. I don’t know if it can be relevant and if this kind of email is same for all applicants(on time or on late). Should I still ask to my teacher to email the university? Or should I email them directly?

Sounds like a standard confirmation that they've received your application. I think you or your teacher should still email them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending