The Student Room Group

Applying late to University

I applied a bit too late to University and on the website it essentially told me I had to wait for my centre to get back to me. So I wake up and still there is nothing . My centre hasn't attached my references or anything. I applied about 30 minutes before 6 o'clock if that makes any sense and I was sure theyd be able to catch my application in time but even right now they havent attached references. It's a pain. Im thinking of phoning up Universities, Its annoying as I meet all my entry requirements, It's for History if anyone is wondering. But yeah..Unsure.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by 00xxr4
I applied a bit too late to University where it told me tbeyre waiting for my ventre to receive my application and attach my gorm snd send if off. im feeling so nervous and stressed i rrally dont know ehat to do at this point.

Read this back as it makes no sense.
Applying late is not the end of the world. Unfortunately, as you have missed the deadline there is no guarantee your chosen universities will consider your application. However, many universities still consider applications after the deadline, and should you not receive any offers, you can still apply to other universities though UCAS Extra. If you still don't have any offers by 5th July, you will go into clearing where you will be able to find courses from universities who have not filled all their places. Conversely, you could decide to take a gap year, and will be able to reapply next year with the same application, which should allow you to get it in well before the deadline.
Reply 3
Original post by Scotney
Read this back as it makes no sense.A

OH jeeeeez i was so frantic I forgot to check it before uploading. Anyways bottom line , I applied a bit too late to the point where I am assuming my centre aka Old college was unaware of my application arriving and they hadn't pinned my references to my application in time . So I'm very stressed at the minute. Thinking of Calling UCAS and the universities up.
Reply 4
Original post by ollie1024
Applying late is not the end of the world. Unfortunately, as you have missed the deadline there is no guarantee your chosen universities will consider your application. However, many universities still consider applications after the deadline, and should you not receive any offers, you can still apply to other universities though UCAS Extra. If you still don't have any offers by 5th July, you will go into clearing where you will be able to find courses from universities who have not filled all their places. Conversely, you could decide to take a gap year, and will be able to reapply next year with the same application, which should allow you to get it in well before the deadline.

I'm already on a gap year... The thing is Luckily the course I saw for one of my Universities was in clearing of last year with an even lower offer . It was even a russell group Uni , so I'm wondering. Hopefully If i were to call up my Uni and explain the situation on results day some time would they be able to maybe hear me out ???
It depends on what universities you are applying to and what courses. For example, I would say LSE for Law after the deadline is never going to happen. But a lower ranked university with a less popular course is still a possibility.
Reply 6
Original post by one_two_three
It depends on what universities you are applying to and what courses. For example, I would say LSE for Law after the deadline is never going to happen. But a lower ranked university with a less popular course is still a possibility.

I mean my course was for History with a foundation year at another University with isnt quite LSE but like think about 30 places lower on the ranks... if that makes sense
I don't think it will be too much of an issue to be honest then. Just give them a call and check with them.
Reply 8
Original post by one_two_three
I don't think it will be too much of an issue to be honest then. Just give them a call and check with them.

I feel as if it is to be honest it just feels like its too late. I'll try and do as you said but even then I dont have my hopes up.
hi, you mentioned that you're on a gap year. could i ask who you asked to get a reference, as I could be in the same position next year?
Original post by 00xxr4
OH jeeeeez i was so frantic I forgot to check it before uploading. Anyways bottom line , I applied a bit too late to the point where I am assuming my centre aka Old college was unaware of my application arriving and they hadn't pinned my references to my application in time . So I'm very stressed at the minute. Thinking of Calling UCAS and the universities up.

Have they got it done now. You could have put your submission in without as long as the Old College had agreed to do it. But there is every chance you will still be considered. Do call the uni and talk to admissions.
Has your application gone to ucas yet?

If not then focus your efforts on getting your reference sorted and ask your college to send your application back to you so you can amend your choices.

If it has gone to ucas then it won’t have arrived with your universities yet. Ucas will only start sending through late applications on Monday. But if it has gone then You can ring your universities tomorrow to ask if they know if the course is likely to be considering late applications. If they say yes or maybe then that’s good. If they say no then you have 14 days from applying to find an alternative that is considering late applications and to substitute that choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending