The Student Room Group

My chance at getting into LSE,UCL,Kings for Economics

So I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm currently taking maths economics and geography at a levels and I have already applied to universities. My choices were LSE, UCL, Kings and Queen Marys. I'm sure Ill have a place in queen Marys but not sure about the rest. I'm predicted A*A*A, * in econ and maths. I'm worried about me not having Further Maths and having geo which is basic. Also my PS, I think for the chunk of it I wrote it really well but for the work experience and essay competitions, I don't have any which is why I'm stressing. I did mention really good things in the rest of the ps. I hope someone can give me any info on my situation if possible as I'm really hoping I can get into UCL or Kings. LSE was just a shot.

Thanks
No one on TSR has the insight into your personal application and the application of any other applicants.
You’ll just have to wait and see
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
No one on TSR has the insight into your personal application and the application of any other applicants.
You’ll just have to wait and see

Thats fine I just wanted to hear a realistic chance of me getting into ucl/kings/lse without much extra curricular. Maybe a student whos gone to lse or ucl could probably let me know.
Original post by kiwizor123
So I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm currently taking maths economics and geography at a levels and I have already applied to universities. My choices were LSE, UCL, Kings and Queen Marys. I'm sure Ill have a place in queen Marys but not sure about the rest. I'm predicted A*A*A, * in econ and maths. I'm worried about me not having Further Maths and having geo which is basic. Also my PS, I think for the chunk of it I wrote it really well but for the work experience and essay competitions, I don't have any which is why I'm stressing. I did mention really good things in the rest of the ps. I hope someone can give me any info on my situation if possible as I'm really hoping I can get into UCL or Kings. LSE was just a shot.

Thanks

I doubt you have any real shot at LSE if you applied to their BSc Economics course without further maths if your school offers FM. Remember reading that something like 94% of successful applicants have FM and the other 6% couldn't because their school didn't offer it which is fine.

Fortunately your grades are good so you definitely stand a chance at UCL and King's. Ik UCL like FM but I know it's not an implicit requirement like it is at LSE. Main issue is that you've applied to unis all in London so will be battling with all the international applicants who mostly wanna live in London, as well as a fair number of UK students. King's isn't great for economics quality anyway, much better alternatives outside of London but it's popular because it's in London.

QMUL is decent anyway so not the worst fall back option, it's just you could get into far better places if you didn't just apply to London unis with your grades.
Reply 4
Original post by BenRyan99
I doubt you have any real shot at LSE if you applied to their BSc Economics course without further maths if your school offers FM. Remember reading that something like 94% of successful applicants have FM and the other 6% couldn't because their school didn't offer it which is fine.

Fortunately your grades are good so you definitely stand a chance at UCL and King's. Ik UCL like FM but I know it's not an implicit requirement like it is at LSE. Main issue is that you've applied to unis all in London so will be battling with all the international applicants who mostly wanna live in London, as well as a fair number of UK students. King's isn't great for economics quality anyway, much better alternatives outside of London but it's popular because it's in London.

QMUL is decent anyway so not the worst fall back option, it's just you could get into far better places if you didn't just apply to London unis with your grades.

Fair enough, thank you for taking time to reply. I really want to stay in London but idk now
Reply 5
do you know if having essay competitions and good work experience is essential for UCL/kings

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending