The Student Room Group

Dumb mistake on my UCAS application.

I stupidly added my last name to my preferred name, I found out when I get an email from a Uni naming me as 'Alex *Surname* *Surname*'

I'm feeling pretty bad because I feel like if they think that if I'm incapable of writing out my name, then how can they expect me to work towards a degree lmao.

Has anyone done anything similar and been alright? Is it worth contacting UCAS?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Phone UCAS tomorrow - its fixable.
Original post by McGinger
Phone UCAS tomorrow - its fixable.

Do you know what their number is for applicants to call?
Hasn't the application been sent to Unis already?
Phone anyway :smile: surely this is something your school should have picked up before you sent your application or are you an independent candidate?
Original post by musicalrose
Phone anyway :smile: surely this is something your school should have picked up before you sent your application or are you an independent candidate?

nope, the school didn't pick it up unfortunately lol
Original post by AlexAyy
nope, the school didn't pick it up unfortunately lol

damn that’s like their whole job to proofread 😅
Reply 6
Some people go by their last name tbf so it doesn’t make you look stupid..
Original post by Khfhgdd
Some people go by their last name tbf so it doesn’t make you look stupid..

hope so lol, I emailed my teacher and they said they'd contact UCAS, I think I'm okay hahaha
What about me i put the wrong qualatifation in my ucas application
Original post by KevinZhang135
What about me i put the wrong qualatifation in my ucas application

Email each of your Unis and tell them
- then fill in this online form https://www.ucas.com/forms/request-amend-qualifications-listed-your-application
Original post by McGinger
Email each of your Unis and tell- then fill in this online form https://www.ucas.com/forms/request-amend-qualifications-listed-your-application

i got one rejection due to that qualatifation mistakes do you think that uni will change there unsuccessful to offer
i got one rejection due to that qualatifation mistakes do you think that uni will change there unsuccessful to offer

Email the university and explain, if it isn't a competitive course, maybe
Original post by CatInTheCorner
Email the university and explain, if it isn't a competitive course, maybe

Can my college teacher contact the university for me

Why wouldn't you contact them yourself? No reason to wait until the uni has filled in more spots in their course until you let them know you've got the grades needed to be considered for a place. It'll only make it more competitive for you
Reply 14

It is best if you contact them yourself because in the end it is your responsibility to make sure that the universities know your qualifications. Just be honest and apologise it shouldn't be that big of a deal, they probably deal with this kind of issue all the time.
Reply 15

you can send an email to their admissions team to look at or you can send a message directly from the university admissions portal website
Original post by CatInTheCorner
Why wouldn't you contact them yourself? No reason to wait until the uni has filled in more spots in their course until you let them know you've got the grades needed to be considered for a place. It'll only make it more competitive for you

my teacher calling my university to explain the situation how likely is it that they will change the foundation year i was offered to starting my degree this year
my teacher calling my university to explain the situation how likely is it that they will change the foundation year i was offered to starting my degree this year

We can't answer this. Even with the correct qualification listed you may have received the same FY offer.
Original post by Admit-One
We can't answer this. Even with the correct qualification listed you may have received the same FY offer.

I recently submitted ucas amendment form about my qualification because i selected the wrong btec program

i currently waiting on my results for my extended diploma for engineering

my first year on the course i achieve D*

my ID Number is:

sorry for any inconvenience

i hope you consider me for civil and environment engineering

i send this to all of my university i applied to
is it ok
I recently submitted ucas amendment form about my qualification because i selected the wrong btec program

i currently waiting on my results for my extended diploma for engineering

my first year on the course i achieve D*

my ID Number is:

sorry for any inconvenience

i hope you consider me for civil and environment engineering

i send this to all of my university i applied to
is it ok

Yes, that's absolutely fine. It's good practice to let them know via email as well as completing the form, as there is a chance that their local system won't update with the change, or they could already have looked at the application with the original information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending