The Student Room Group

how to earn money as a 16 year old?

I am 16 years old and in year 11 (doing GCSEs). My parents are unable to fully support me financially however I have a very busy life as it is, without adding a job to that.

I currently do army cadets on Mondays and Wednesdays, but there's also lots of weekends where I'm busy on camp with cadets. I also have a boyfriend who i am not willing to leave to free up more time. And on top of that I also have to revise for exams.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what job I could get?
Reply 1
Part time retail or fast food job? They aren't the best but with your circumstance, its probably your best bet.
Original post by annonnymous16
I am 16 years old and in year 11 (doing GCSEs). My parents are unable to fully support me financially however I have a very busy life as it is, without adding a job to that.

I currently do army cadets on Mondays and Wednesdays, but there's also lots of weekends where I'm busy on camp with cadets. I also have a boyfriend who i am not willing to leave to free up more time. And on top of that I also have to revise for exams.

Baby sitting, dog walking, tasks you can do by just letting people know you're available, try people in your area who know you, and stay safe :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by CatInTheCorner
Baby sitting, dog walking, tasks you can do by just letting people know you're available, try people in your area who know you, and stay safe :smile:

Washing cars, mowing lawns...
Original post by CatInTheCorner

thank you
Original post by user432
Part time retail or fast food job? They aren't the best but with your circumstance, its probably your best bet.

I'll look into it, thank you
Original post by annonnymous16

Not many places will take you on until you have finished school (I e. The end of June in year 11). You can start applying before then.
Try shops, supermarkets, fast food places, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, touristy type places etc etc.
Original post by Emma:-)
Not many places will take you on until you have finished school (I e. The end of June in year 11). You can start applying before then.
Try shops, supermarkets, fast food places, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, touristy type places etc etc.

thanks
Babysitting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending